WW2RP?

Satirical

Electron
Nebulae
hey all!

so i'm currently sitting on a semi-serious ww2rp server and i'm reflecting on the time that i actually saw a fully-serious ww2rp server done in nutscript and used to play on it. it was really dope to see the diversity of roleplay and watch the storyline of nazi-occupied europe unfold before me.

i was wondering if this community would be willing run a ww2rp server, whether based on the combat of the war or based on the occupation of a city by german forces -- or possibly even some more unique taking place in the pacific.

i know someone recently posted a ww1rp thread and that generated quite a bit of discussion.

it's just that every time i go on these semi-serious servers there's voice chat and that kills me because it makes it feel more cringeworthy.

so discuss the prospect below if you care to, or don't, either way it's your choice.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
outside of this discussion i wanna ask:

what the fuck is this community's obsession with world wars

Satirical

Electron
Nebulae
outside of this discussion i wanna ask:

what the fuck is this community's obsession with world wars

for me it's the lack of genuinely serious ww2rp servers

it's one of the most interesting eras of history to me personally because there were so many layers to what was going on

i had the best time in all of my high school career taking a holocaust studies class and learning about the nuances of both the holocaust and the war itself.

that being said i'm not totally opposed to aiming for other things, i just really wanted to gauge the community's views on a ww2rp server, since that's something i think this community would do really well.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
for me it's the lack of genuinely serious ww2rp servers

it's one of the most interesting eras of history to me personally because there were so many layers to what was going on

i had the best time in all of my high school career taking a holocaust studies class and learning about the nuances of both the holocaust and the war itself.

that being said i'm not totally opposed to aiming for other things, i just really wanted to gauge the community's views on a ww2rp server, since that's something i think this community would do really well.

bottom line imo is this

historical rp outright cannot be done because people cannot be trusted to behave as though they are someone from a period they were not around in

ww3rp has gone through so many time periods and every one set in the past was swapped out because people were doing memes ic iirc

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
would be infinitely better if done on arma 3

the majority of the rp was barely existent anyways

Gregory

Neutrino
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I think it's too forward for the kind of community this is, by forward i mean .... hmm Agressive? Like HL2RP is alot of none weapon focused RP... a war.... well it;s very weapon focused. Think if it was done it'd need to be trialed in many different ways before finding the "right" way