1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WW3RP] Gaben's Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Gaben, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Gaben

Gaben Went to greece a jew came as a homophobic racist

Nebulae:
    Your Steam Name: Gaben
    Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:33142848

Server: WW3RP
    Character Name: It's either Sgt or JSgt. Nikita Basten
    Length: Perma
    Admin Who Banned You: I think its @Roosebud

What were you banned for?:
    I was banned for facilitating large scale and long term Metagame, General Toxic attitude

Why Should You Be Unbanned?:
    Well, the initial ban used to be a month. I was banned for long term metagame, then after 12 hours, I was permanently banned for the reason of facilitating the whole charade. While it is true that I was part of it and I do admit what I did was wrong, but I also want to only point out that I wasn’t the one who started the whole thing, I joined a discord I didn’t own, midway when it was happening.

Even with all of that, I can only say that I do feel that what I did was wrong, and I want to ask for forgiveness and a second chance.

Time of Occurrence: 3-5 months ago
    Evidence: I think that those who were part of that discord can confirm that I joined midway and that I wasn’t the one who was facilitating it, but either then that I admit that I metagamed with those people and I feel sorry for doing so.

Any additional members involved: @cookiro , @MetroPaun and @gExile

• nebulous nebulous x 52
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Megafreak

Megafreak shit medic
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    He's been alright while he's been on HL2RP. Don't know what he did over on WW3RP in detail but he's been doing good for the most part on HL2. He's got some of the most powerful flags you can get and a lot of trust to not abuse them that comes with them, @medley can probably agree here.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • nebulous nebulous x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Roosebud

Roosebud Moderator
    Moderator Premium Member WW3 RP Server Director

Nebulae:
    Your permaban wasn't just because of that entire discord affair, it was just the last incident that pushed us to just remove you from the server. The ban reason also included toxicity, promoting a hostile attitude by circlejerking and targeting players, distributing admin logs behind everyone's back to try and stir up shit, as well as a quite severe unserious attitude IC and OOC in general.

As for the discord stuff itself, most of the people we spoke to, including the staff that distributed logs without approval, stated that you were one of the people going around pressuring them and threatening them with all sorts of stuff after it was discovered. Much like @Pingu at the time

• nebulous nebulous x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Megafreak

Megafreak shit medic
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Sounds like a bunch of word of mouth on the pressuring for logs thing, banning people for assumptions is probably a bad idea - not to mention staff should go to you instead of giving logs to cover their own asses if this is the case

• nebulous nebulous x 9
    • Dumb Dumb x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Roosebud

Roosebud Moderator

Nebulae:
    Yeah, except you weren't involved in this case nor were you present in said discord when it happened. I appreciate the initial input you gave in regards to his behaviour, but you're not involved.

• Zing x 14
    • nebulous x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  6. cookiro

cookiro i never lost control

Nebulae:
    Gaben didn't own the discord, he was apart of it just like everybody else was. Everybody else that was apart of the discord got a month ban for metagaming, unlike Gaben that was banned permanently.

I was the person that gave the logs to Gaben, as to which I suffered afterwards by being demoted from my staff rank. I never felt pressured by Gaben, nor was I threatened by him to give him the logs. I believe I was the only one that distributed them.

I also, don't recall Gaben being toxic at all whatsoever. A joke involving a swear here and there but nothing to actually insult anybody from the player base.

• nebulous nebulous x 17
  7. Prof

Prof Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Not sure what you are talking about Gaben threatening or pressuring people, I personally when I was on the teamspeak never spotted him threatening, pressuring or being toxic to someone, can't speak for when I wasn't on though, but from what I know Gaben, he's pretty chill

• nebulous nebulous x 11
  8. Disorder

Disorder Electron

Nebulae:
    I know I've basically left the community but a sense of justice brought me back just enough so I can port my input here, please do not delete it as it explains a timeline of about a year of my experience with Gaben.

Let's start with the beginning, I have no idea what exactly was the first words we exchanged that made him dislike me to the point where his character started disliking mine too, that was probably the first indicative of the toxic attitude he had, breaking the thin line between out of character and in character.
    We've all known that he was never operating alone, the bandwagon he was part of had a considerable ammount of people which made their best to either get toghether to harass other players or find means to gain advantage over the other team.

I mean I have a pretty concrete example as to how he operates, it was during Charley's reign, at one point he decided to make my character NCO reviewer to try and improve or demote people that were either fit or unfit for the position. There was an entanglement and his character ended up being demoted as a result. What was the first thing he did? Went to charlie, said everyone including the administration is against him and that he will take a break or even leave the community because of that. Bad part is that the act actually worked and Charley gave him a second chance and everything returned back to 'normal'.

Every punishment he has been given only made him improve himself in the rulebreaking not to be caught again, there's literally no improvement, never was, just adjusting to hide better.

Most of the people part of his circlejerk began hating me by default, some people I've never even spoke to once, it was all because he told them, rather than try to solve our issue as many times as I tried to approach him he decided to sick his friends onto me. @WeakenedHen5 is one of them, never gave me a chance and hated me from the start. Why? Because he's part of Gaben's circlejerk, proof of course being that he was one of the people involved in the metagame, I think he just got off with a demotion.

@Gaben you have literally brought NOTHING to this community besides arguments, split groups of people and turned them against eachother. You never attempted to try and be serious once, only when higher ups were present so you can keep the appearance of being a decent person. I will guarantee if you get unbanned that it won't be more than a week before you are back to your old self, I mean it's happened in the past, why would this be a turning point?

There's much more to add to this case, I don't have any evidence to back them up but that won't stop me from trying to help this boat riddled with holes to flat just enough to maybe reach safe land.

Though the HL2 idea wasn't bad, go there for some time act your best so it will grant some support for the WW3 unban, hopefully the administration team will see through the mask you wear and read through the lies your constantly pour into their mugs.

• Dumb x 28
    • nebulous x 4
    • Informative x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Late x 1
  9. WeakenedHen5

Nebulae:
    you literally have this feeling that i am out to get you and that's why your resignation post was locked/deleted

i just thought you were a bit of a autist the whole time you were online it has literally nothing to do with @Gaben or a "circlejerk"

• nebulous nebulous x 11
  10. Disorder

Disorder Electron

Nebulae:
    But you were part of his circle right? I mean you were demoted because of that huge discord metagaming case, right? About the resignation post it would be nice if you wouldn't leak administration board thread publicly, I mean I know it's a habbit of the logs you leaked to Gaben but please do try to gather enough maturity for once in your life to abstain.

• Funny Funny x 15
    • nebulous nebulous x 2
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. whiskers

whiskers Nucleus

Nebulae:
    hen resigned though??? lmao. grow up and stop assuming things at the click, no one is out to get your ass handed in a plate. i must also point out that its kind of ironic that you accuse him of stirring up shit when half your post is just accusing him of things and giving your own personal, biased opinions against him. you contribute nothing to this unban appeal and make yourself look dumb.

• nebulous nebulous x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jello

Jello Roleplay

Nebulae:
    I can SOMEWHAT relate to disorders story, me and Gaben got off on the wrong foot. And he wasn't that nice to me.

But fuck me mate you're making him out to be like Hitler, I don't know the first words disorder said to me but it was something toxic. Disorder detained me for calling her Nadya... And you were always really stingy.

If anyone, Gaben targeted me, and I forgive him and want him back.

Also
    Look in the fucking mirror mate

• nebulous nebulous x 14
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. WeakenedHen5

Nebulae:
    as in i spoke to him as a friend yes not some weird satanic cult
    yes i was we all make mistakes and in about 4/5 years of being a staff member it is the only one i can really remember me fucking up on however i believe i repaid my time to be forgiven

for your last point disorder

rated funny

all in all your input to this appeal is about as irrelevant as you were to the faction, this is clearly some desperate attempt to clutch and drag down some other people who have actually done something, you can think what you want but everyone knows that you're just making yourself look like a fool

• nebulous nebulous x 12
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Dumb Truck Dumb Truck x 1
  14. Weresheep

Weresheep Old man roleplayer
    Premium Member WW3 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    To be fair when charlie was incharge of coalition Gaben was really good at promoting passive RP and got things going when stuff was slow. Whether it was behind closed doors or out in the open. He was one of are most active SNCO's. Yes his attitude was to be abrasive and if you pissed him off he would let you know it instead of bitching at you behind your back.

Also we have unbanned people for worse. I think it's time for a second chance seeing he has proven good behaviour on HL2RP

That's my two pence

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  15. Elliot

Elliot ¯\_ º ͜ʖ º _/¯ not the head mod
    Premium Member WW3 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    Let's keep this on topic, this is about @Gaben

I remember my encounters with him last year were very mixed, however when he came to me on TeamSpeak yesterday he seemed very mature about the situation. That alone sets a very bright tone that he is willing to improve. There has been cases in the past that players have made a better comeback from a long-term ban, and I believe @Gaben could be one of those.

Can't agree more, we've unbanned people for much worse in the past, and as a community we have accepted people back who have done worse - given they don't provide more proof of the flat circle theorem.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Weresheep

Weresheep Old man roleplayer

Nebulae:
    I will say this through.
    To all the people rating disorders stuff wrong,dumb and/or funny at least they have the balls to come out a give there personal opinion on Gaben in stead of going behind his back. There is always two sides to each story and disorder is giving the other side

• Agree x 5
    • Creative x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  17. Zomba

Zomba Atom

Nebulae:
    They'd be banned for posting in appeals

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Zing Zing x 3
  18. Roosebud

Roosebud Moderator

Nebulae:
    Not if they cite actual things that happened on the server, their experiences with the individual in this situation or provide relevant evidence. Unless they want to go on the shitflinging tour like the previous posts that got deleted

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. doggo

doggo this recognition in the form of words

Nebulae:
    ok and the people rating disorder dumb are also giving their personal opinion.

on topic;
    gaben didn't mastermind this whole thing, he was just a member and didn't force/bully anyone into staying on the discord - everyone was free to go as they wished.​

• nebulous nebulous x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Lynx

Lynx Eternally memeing to hide his crippling depression
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Can confirm he's been good on HL2; recently joined my surgical branch in UM and he seems to be serious about the RP (he even messages me on steam for IC training).

From back when I was SA, yes me and him had a meme go out of hand and into IC; old story but relevant, and in the end it was my fault. Back then he truly was over-susceptible to letting memes slip out of OOC and into IC, something I have rarely seen of him in recent times on HL2, I'd say he's been more than willing to improve and by God, has he.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3