WW3RP is literally unplayable due to extreme drops in FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Steady FPS (that on some occasions drops on red) when I watch this foggy, gorgeous view of the cliffside.
C0777A6C8F6C8D73168E2FBE73B4834CD1C72518

FPS drops and game starts freezing when I look at the NATO base (Trust me, it goes all the way to 1fps as well)
3EB510C2359D2346ADFE6ACB5A62EED29F5A7E6E

Like, if I watch back too carelessly, my game can freeze for over a minute and I have to drag my mouse on a frozen screen to change my view back to the cliffside.
I turned my graphics settings to medium (didn't help at all), and the only addons I have for Gmod are neb's HL2RP and WW3RP content packs. I've already purged all the custom content from my Gmod files before only installing the bare essentials (aka the aforementioned pair of content packs), yet this persists.
I haven't had issues like this before in NC servers (save for some fps drops back in FTRP, but it was still playable). It is impossible for me to look towards the NATO base without my game coughing up and lagging and freezing. Yes, it is literally unplayable.
What gives?

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Gmod is really ... really unoptimized. As well as that, Source 2 was never intended to be used for multiplayer and Clockwork in itself puts a huge demand on servers. Plus the prop count ontop of that as wèll causes some issues.

Lets just say, it's not your pc that is a big problem. Gmod itself is the problem.

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Gmod is really ... really unoptimized. As well as that, Source 2 was never intended to be used for multiplayer and Clockwork in itself puts a huge demand on servers. Plus the prop count ontop of that as wèll causes some issues.

Lets just say, it's not your pc that is a big problem. Gmod itself is the problem.
taking steps to ensure fps stability in some way should still be taken

I have a pretty respectable rig yet I struggle to get above 20 at certain points

Joe Thompson

Electron
Nebulae
r_3dsky 0; gmod_mcore_test 1; cl_threaded_bone_setup 1; mat_queue_mode -1
This command should help
Add it to your /mynotes so you can copy and paste it at will
should add 5-10 fps, which is better than nothing

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Alright, it seems the Gmod update seemed to help nicely, because my FPS got up a few frames when I connected to server again. Coupled with
r_3dsky 0; gmod_mcore_test 1; cl_threaded_bone_setup 1; mat_queue_mode -1
This command should help
Add it to your /mynotes so you can copy and paste it at will
should add 5-10 fps, which is better than nothing
I got even further of a boost.
The problem has been solved, so I'ma request for a lock. Cheers for your input, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.