News WW3RP - Summer Edition

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Whatever happens, I hope to be seeing more of the M4 platform since we're in the US and less of the FAL.
An M4 and an M16 at the least would be great to see included for NATO for all faction members to be able to buy; none of the HK-26848322568 knock-offs with low poly models.

Itโ€™s set in the US after all; thatโ€™d be like setting it in the U.K. and not giving everyone knives.

Reactions: List

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Me and the NATO boys on patrol singing 'Teenage dirtbag.' while trying to avoid Coalition forces.

I want all American's to ensure that foreign NATO members on US soil are not made comfortable.

If you ain't part of the red, white and blue; your pitching for the wrong team.
qF6yxtR.png

Mike65536

The Motha' Fuckin' Newports.
Nebulae
I want all American's to ensure that foreign NATO members on US soil are not made comfortable.

If you ain't part of the red, white and blue; your pitching for the wrong team.
dkghsqpsyav21.jpg
Hell yeah brother

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Is there going to be any language barrier between the main factions? Seeing as Coalition are mostly made up of European nations, should we expect both Coalition and NATO to primarily speak English?

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Is there going to be any language barrier between the main factions? Seeing as Coalition are mostly made up of European nations, should we expect both Coalition and NATO to primarily speak English?
The main coalition language is still Russian as thatโ€™s whatโ€™s taught as the โ€˜dominantโ€™ language in the main parts of the coalition. English is no longer available in public schools etc for obvious reasons. I reckon weโ€™ll be granting coalition characters with european backgrounds their โ€˜nativeโ€™ languages such as spanish, dutch, german etc etc

D

Deleted member 5162

English is no longer available in public schools etc for obvious reasons.
wasn't English taught in schools during the cold war? i'd imagine they would do the same in WW3RP, albeit poorly

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
wasn't English taught in schools during the cold war? i'd imagine they would do the same in WW3RP, albeit poorly
Yeah, but:

1) Lore wise, you could argue that the Coalition isn't going to allow any of that being taught in their occupied countries as it would aid nobody except the enemy, keeping any sort of western propaganda further out of their reach. They'd only teach it to people that would require it to serve the state.

2) Gameplay wise, I don't particulary want to just throw the languages system out the window by having everyone speaking English from the get-go. It'd be weird anyways to have your primarily russian / occupied european fighting force use english as their main language. Plus it'd be neat to have people use their secondary languages more often

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
Damn dude. As one would say "This shit bussin frfr no diss bro hella yes xir."

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
i apologize if it has been answered previously somewhere else and i just cant find it, but when the server launches, will the invasion of the US already have started some time ago, or will it start during the launch?

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
i apologize if it has been answered previously somewhere else and i just cant find it, but when the server launches, will the invasion of the US already have started some time ago, or will it start during the launch?
This question feels really familiar, so the full detailed answer can probably be found somewhere else. Weโ€™ll likely go with a scenario where the invasion is underway for like a day or a week or so