• Concept 3, WW3RP: Red Dawn

• Concept 4, WW3RP: 'Classic'

• I'd rather do something else like hl2

• Fuck you roosebud

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
Never forget the good old days of Stasiland.

I'm in support of most of the above scenarios, I think I would happily accept and assist with any kind of new rendition for WW3RP. Red Dawn would be fantastic and touch on an element that we've never really considered yet /constantly/ toted around doing, so I'd be more favourable to that.

I think a civilian this-war-of-mine side could be more feasible under these circumstances, we've always had issues with the civilian faction having little ability to be reasonable due to them being so abstract from the player, but perhaps a more western setting would resonate better there and bridge the gap originally created by a stiffer civilian side.

I also think urban environments make the most fun for combat, the depth of the environment invites creativity and flanking, which would keep a firefight from going stagnant. Keep players guessing which corner's going to have a gun around the corner, or perhaps a civilian. It'd be a mess, though I do believe that can be a good thing.

Reactions: List

Codfather

Shit fuck
Nebulae
Kendrick_Lamar_-_Damn.png

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
I’d probably prefer keeping it an “alliance vs alliance” setting in terms of factions, rather than turn ‘NATO’ into just the U.S. Army or something. This is purely for flexibility and convenience sake. For example if we want to visit other places of the earth or undertake specific operations. But ofc I’m totally fine with the actual unit itself being fully US under the NATO flag. Considering we pretty much unified all nation’s armies under single flags anyways

My humble suggestion

Taking inspiration from an old TTRPG called "Twilight 2000", I think it'd be cool if we could deepen NATO's lore a bit to match the current situation they're in.

My suggestion is that NATO as we knew it before and during the war no longer functions, and what we see now is a morbid shambolic parody of international co-operation. With so many European governments either overrun, dead, or puppeteered by either the Soviets or the Americans, the US government, now decidedly more war-hawky and authoritarian thanks to years of war, decided to do away with the notion of an internationally led alliance and effectively "couped" NATO, not that there was anyone willing or able to resist them. European troops were pulled away from their home continent without their permission or consent, sent to the good ol' US of A to defend it from an upcoming Soviet invasion. The faction is still "Multinational" and called NATO in name, however it's fully under the thumb of the US military, led, supplied and wholly at their whim. Everyone answers to the US President now, or maybe if they're lucky, some sniveling fat-cat puppet who answers to the President in turn.

NATO's been losing the war, for a very long time now, and if it's to the point where Soviet troops practically occupy all of Europe (has ingerland fallen? Does the hammer and sickle fly over the chippy?), and now in the US, they'd be in an extremely desperate situation. It'd be nice if their lore could reflect that. It'd also give NATO some character and internal conflict beyond "We are the happy diverse coalition of good guys here to fight the bad guys". It'd also make more sense to have a US-led unit with NATO troops press-ganged into defending the mainland US than it would to have an epic top tier multinational reaction force in the US. (One imagines those sorts of units are probably wiped out by now if the Soviets are doing this well).

In short:

To show the effects of the war on the alliance and how desperate they're getting.

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Okay I've settled on a 'final' concept, pretty much combining a bunch of stuff mentioned in this thread. Currently on the fast lane revising the server and sub-forums.

I'll probably post a general overview thread soonish, probably paired with opening public subforums as soon as they're ready

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Okay I've settled on a 'final' concept, pretty much combining a bunch of stuff mentioned in this thread. Currently on the fast lane revising the server and sub-forums.

I'll probably post a general overview thread soonish, probably paired with opening public subforums as soon as they're ready

Let's FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOO
9e5.jpg

D

Deleted member 7099

havent commented on this cus im not too interested in ww3 stuff but regardless i wish you amazing luck on this roosebud and hope everyone involved and participating will have the times of their lives. Cheers!

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
havent commented on this cus im not too interested in ww3 stuff but regardless i wish you amazing luck on this roosebud and hope everyone involved and participating will have the times of their lives. Cheers!
Yeah make sure to keep me posted on your Wild West stuff since I wouldn't want to conflict with your launch date / uptime

D

Deleted member 7099

Yeah make sure to keep me posted on your Wild West stuff since I wouldn't want to conflict with your launch date / uptime
i was going to let this go first as it seems everyone's really wanted ww3 to return but i'll just assume it's up to alex to decide then

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
@Roosebud

What made you decide to restart WW3RP given its history?

It's usually fun when it's up. Have a couple things I've always wanted to do server and lore-wise so figured it'd be a good moment to cross some things off the bucketlist.

I don't have any specific ambitions for a server that will last months or years. But I'd like to host something fun for at least the summer period, and will keep it running for as long as people are interested