X-COM: Enemy Unkown aka Ufo Defense (Not the remake) Crusader No Regret/Remorse

goobypls

the best naked combatant
Nebulae
Just gonna re-create my one and only first post on LP forums that I made for lemons for CP app

So, Ufo Defense was like one of the first games I've ever played or seen in my entire life, my dad used to have me on his lap while playing this and I was always scared shitless of the Ethereals man. I mean like they were really fucking scary especially the mind attack sound. Anyways, if you haven't played the original yet; DO IT! It's literally the best turn based game on the entire planet and you will not regret doing so. The controls; interface and graphics aren't even that terrible for a 1993 game. Five bucks (or even less) on Steam.

It's hard to belive that I've been playing that game all my life basically, always failing when I tried to beat it myself. I just couldn't get myself to play that Mars mission because I was so fucking scared.

I finished a playthrough only recently, a good 15 years after I was introduced to it.

X-COM Terror from the Deep is basically the same as Ufo Defense, only that it's mainly underwater, with a few new sets of missions thus greater variety. It's way, way harder though. Fuckups will get to you badly (In case you play like a man and don't reload when one of your men die). It's pretty good, as the predecessor. Great games, must play basically.

Also take a look at Crusader: No Remorse/Regret

Similiarly to Ufo Defense, this game was introduced to me at a young age and I couldn't get it out of my head completely ever since. When I think about good games, I think about this. It's exciting, it's violent, it's sci-fi. I won't go too much into lore since I'm not completely sure myself but I love this game. And the music rocks for a game as old as this, like, just listen to this:

I really suggest you check these games out.

goobypls

the best naked combatant
Nebulae
By the way: If anyone is interested in playing this in multiplayer (Humans vs Aliens) Hit me up!!!!!!!!!!!! There's a pretty well made "remake" that allows you to play versus through hamachi or the likes. Great fun, great challenge.

Liraxus

The real Biotic, the best Biotic
Nebulae
I basically grew up playing UFO defence, despite its age, probably one of my favourite games to date.

Reactions: List