XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Expansion

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae

The expansion pack has been described as the largest, ousting Enemy Within with hundreds of gameplay altercations, the list includes:

• A new faction, named 'The Lost'. Essentially a swarm-based zombie faction which looks fun as hell to take on.
  • Three new factions with different focuses on the side of the resistance. The Reapers, Skirmishers and Templar.
  • A compatibility system for soldiers, allowing some to improve their statistics and capabilities when fighting alongside certain comrades.
  • Unique characters on the side of the Elders as the 'Chosen', region-styled bosses that harass the player through disrupting activities and acting as a combatant at times.
  • Propaganda photographs (Their effect, I'm not sure if it's actually anything really at all but it's a gimmick at its best)
  • More map scenarios to utilize, as well as new ways to play with the vanilla game-modes (AI Resistance that defend civilians during terror missions, etc)
Overall, from what I've seen there can be scenes where you're sneaking up on an ADVENT force that could get ambushed by a horde of zombies, leaving you to intervene. With new classes of soldiers and more ways to approach the game, I think it's looking to be the best version of the new XCOM series to date.

Thoughts?

Reactions: List

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
Looks really good, I got a sneak peek while watching a stream from Sips, the Lost truly are swarming but look fun as hell with cool chain combos to pick them off, but a real threat if you let them get too close.
The photographs are hilarious and can be plastered on the Avenger, and it's pretty in-depth actually.
The Chosen seem annoying as hell, which is good, adds an eerie atmosphere as you never want to see them, gives you something to fear even in the later game. The new map's designs look fun as hell, but... Unfortunately... There's new timed missions.

Oh, and, from what I've seen, this expansion towers over Enemy Within with the amount it changes and adds.

Reactions: List

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
i'd buy it already for the fact you can ship two people on the avenger.

unfortunately i don't have spare forty quid laying around sooo