XenForo 2 Feedback

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
We've finally upgraded the forum, for the past few years we were using software that no longer received feature or security updates.

We hit the maximum forum limit recently and so it was finally time to push the update we'd been holding off.

Understandably, some of you may not like some of the layout changes or there may be things that we've missed so please let me know what you do or don't like or what we missed.

If you wish to disable the background video, you can do it in your preferences.

Changing username is now done in Account details.

Profile banners are back for Premium users.

Also there's a dark mode.

Last edited:

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
We do have a completely new theme in the works too but I thought something familiar would be best to transition us.

Where to?
Just in overall, but could be just something to get used to and it wouldn't be a problem afterwards.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Yeah we tried v hard to keep things familiar but there's bound to be some diff things here and there since XF2 is a diff thing

If there's anything in particular that sticks out or bothers you, let us know!

Reactions: List

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae
I liked having all of the sub forums that I was in displayed at the top so that I could just go back to one without having to either hit the back button five times or re-navigate from the main page.

That’s more of just a small nitpick though I guess.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I liked having all of the sub forums that I was in displayed at the top so that I could just go back to one without having to either hit the back button five times or re-navigate from the main page.

That’s more of just a small nitpick though I guess.
I'm not sure I know what you're referring to

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae
I'm not sure I know what you're referring to
Remember on the old xenforo, it had all of the like sub-forums you went through to get to the current one displayed at the top.

For example if I was in the OTA sub-forum, it would display

Half-life 2 roleplay > roleplay documents > overwatch forces > Overwatch transhuman arm

And any of those could be clicked to just go straight back to that one.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Remember on the old xenforo, it had all of the like sub-forums you went through to get to the current one displayed at the top.

For example if I was in the OTA sub-forum, it would display

Half-life 2 roleplay > roleplay documents > overwatch forces > Overwatch transhuman arm

And any of those could be clicked to just go straight back to that one.
Are they not there for you?

Cartoonjunkies

The Forbidden One
Premium Member
Nebulae
Are they not there for you?
No, I’m on mobile right now though so it may have something to do with that. They were definitely there for mobile before, though. All I have is a single link that takes me back “up” a single sub-forum. For instance on this one I have one that takes me back to General.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
No, I’m on mobile right now though so it may have something to do with that. They were definitely there for mobile before, though. All I have is a single link that takes me back “up” a single sub-forum. For instance on this one I have one that takes me back to General.
Right okay, yeah now I know what you mean.

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
also why am I a proton again?
AljjozQ.gif

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
Forums shouldn't take 45 seconds just to load the main page anymore too
my favourite thing about this.
Especially the speed at which one can whip out replies, with how smooth it transitions compared to XenForo 1