Your input on archive ideas

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
I was wondering about gathering some thoughts on the following ideas. Feel free to chime in.

Community summaries
Recently I've started to make summaries of some of the communities in Garry's Mod. One of my goals for the archive is to expand the number of communities that are summarised, but this might be a difficult task.

A solution I have in mind is to crowdsource the information by making a potential post that simply asks users to write a summary of communities that they were involved in. Even if the summaries that were contributed in that thread were basic and missed a lot of key information, the fact that multiple summaries of the same community were posted could be enough to build an informative one.

For example if one person remembered the start date of a community and one of the servers, and another user remembered the ending date of the same community and another server it ran, then putting the information together allows me to build a basic picture of that community without me having to invest a lot of time researching these things and likely missing key facts along the way.

My main reservation about that method is that I don't want to abuse this forum by treating it like a central hub for information on other communities, but the inescapable fact is that users here have the activity and experience that would be useful to the archive project.

Interview with Garry
I chatted with C22 about the 10th year anniversary of Gmod biZ and he mentioned a potential interview with Garry. The angle of the interview would be about communities in Garry's Mod, so I was wondering what questions I could ask that might give interesting answers along those lines. If you have any ideas for questions then please share them.

New montage videos
Obviously I'm still in the process of producing the LemonPunch and nebulous HL2RP montage videos, but looking forward I'm wondering what the next step would be after that. I've got a method laid out for how to produce them which solves some of the hard work, but I'm just not sure which communities and servers to look at next. The timescale might be months or years in the future, but its fun atleast to play with the ideas early on. So if you know a community that you suspect has enough interest and content laying around for a montage then let me know.

If you have a new idea for a Gmod archive project then feel free to share that too.

Reactions: List