Your most favourite TV Show?

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae

surprisingly better than one might think (as long as one likes a bit o fantasy)

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
5252-SeriesHeaders_HxH_2000x800.jpg

hunter x hunter

Zeo

Blackquill's lawyer
Nebulae
have u watched better call saul? it starts boring but then it starts kicking in. just likr breaking bad
I saw the first season then I forgot about it, but I am about to see it again.

I am watching Breaking Bad again and I am in third season, it's the best TV show.

Reactions: List

Hamilton

Proton
Nebulae

The most fucking amazing thing you'll ever watch in your poor human life

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Got a tie between shameless, breaking bad, and futurama.

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
Gerry Anderson wanted to produce TV shows and got stuck on a job using marionette puppets for young audiences. He didn't intend to use puppets in his career, but took the opporunity and started refining his method for storytelling through puppetry.

The first colour television show produced in Britain was his creation Stingray, which focused on a coast guard submarine that would go around the worlds oceans blowing things up with torpedos. The crew often got into trouble encountering sentient amphibians who hated humans(who they called terrainians). The budget was clearly limited when compared to his later series, but they made the most of it.
H0LFJbw.jpg

Anderson had a few puppet series worth of experience under his belt by the time he moved onto Thunderbirds which seemed to have more funding and consistently better writing. Rocket technology was working its way into entertainment with the successes of the Mercury program, so Thunderbirds(produced in 1964) featured rescue machines capable of blasting around the world answering distress calls in attempts to save lives.
0PSn0SN.jpg

Anderson still wanting to produce more mature drama stories would make his next series(Captain Scarlet) more serious and darker than his previous creations, but stuck with puppetry. Captain Scarlet was an agent working to defend humanity from a mysterious form of life that they'd disturbed on Mars, which featured sets on the Moon, Mars, and back on Earth.
BsUJc4N.jpg

Thunderbirds was my favorite, but they're all incredibly immersive from having been made with real models and practical effects rather than CGI(which wasn't available at the time), and taking you all around the world, its oceans, and out into space. These days CGI would have undoubtedly been used as a cost cutting tool

A lot of the value of those series would have come from the attention to detail by the talented people involved. Both Gerry Anderson(1929 - 2012) and composer Barry Gray(1908 - 1984) are considered as geniuses, and special effects designer Derek Meddings(1931 - 1995) would end up working on six James Bond films, which would have involved a level of competence that I think speaks for itself.