your thoughts about Hunt Down The Freeman?

Deadpool

A turtle made it to the water
Nebulae
pretty widely acknowledged its looking like shit and itll 99% turn out to be shit and no sane person will pay 20 bucks for a half assed mod with shitty voice acting and a shitty story and generic gameplay

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Honestly a lot of the controversy and stuff aside, the main off-putting thing for me is the story and the quality of the writing.

I like a story where you have an actual investment in the characters, a story that makes sense within the universe it's based in and a story that isn't trying to be a flashy in your face type deal.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the story doesn't really make any sense ngl

the character design is fuck off stupid

gameplay looks like ur generic fps but with cool half life assests tm

the voice acting is sub par

and then there's all the controversy and everything

so no

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
I'll buy it, keep it if it's swell and refund it if it's not.

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
WHERE IS THE FREE-MAN?

but yeah, I might buy the game just to see it.

and to make memes about it.

Gargamel

Neutrino
Nebulae
the story doesn't really make any sense ngl

the character design is fuck off stupid

gameplay looks like ur generic fps but with cool half life assests tm

the voice acting is sub par

and then there's all the controversy and everything

so no

yeah, and it doesn't feel like half-life game.
and look at its file size - 60 gb.
what did they put there?

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
  • the voice acting is god awful
  • it has concepts of beta lore even though that was scrapped in the finished version of half life, yet apparently this is still set in the same universe and timeline with reference to things such as 'east black mesa' being attacked
  • 'east black mesa'
  • assets
  • a huge price tag whereas you can literally get free mods that tell a better and more coherent story and have more exciting gameplay (see entropy zero)
  • edgy as fuck generic protagonist #51
  • cutscenes in a (and i use this term lightly) half life game
  • huge fucking file size, despite the half life games being renowned for their optimisation and ability to run on low-tier PCs
  • cremator using a flamethrower directly and not using the petrol first, plus cremators killing people in the first place

i mean c'mon guys

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
it's like a tnber decided to make a game about what tnb hl2rp is like, they make a character and they start shotcopping and being a rebel 5 minutes in
i wouldn't be suprised if there was people with pink hair and g strings in the game

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
cremator using a flamethrower directly and not using the petrol first, plus cremators killing people in the first place
the petrol thing was only used in hl2rp you fucking -snip-
original cremators were supposed to spray a green beam, which would disintegrate organic matter upon contact.[1] It was intended for the player to obtain an Immolator, which would have been effective against organic enemies.

huge fucking file size, despite the half life games being renowned for their optimisation and ability to run on low-tier PCs
i made a fangame therefore the fangame must weigh as much as the original game else it'll be SHIT
(you don't even know if the game is unoptimized for lower end pc's)

if you wanna shit on a game at least do it properly and stop joining the circlejerk
cutscenes in a (and i use this term lightly) half life game
hl2 was an FPS yet lambda wars was a strategy game what the fuck??????????????????? stop doing different things!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i lost faith in the game anyway

fMXB9k2.png

the little squares are misplaced

for the first game of a small studio, they already failed by having a member of their team say their own game is shit and delaying the game's release date two fucking times

Reactions: List

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
for the first game of a small studio, they already failed by having a member of their team say their own game is shit and delaying the game's release date two fucking times

i mean it wouldn't have been so bad if they announced they're pushing the release date back before the release date they set lol

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Not just one, either.

Multiple ex-devs have said the lead barely communicated or gave direction and that the entire thing is a mess. Very few except those currently involved (who likely feel obligated to agree so they'll get paid) have spoken any good at all.

Reactions: List