In Progress zamboni's photo gallery

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
Hi I'm gonna start compiling all my photography here instead of releasing it at irregular intervals on the art of the week thread.

I'll make new posts for every new series I do, or just for single new images. I'll also include some background about each post.

Feel free to post your photos here, too, if you're looking for advice or want my opinion. I'm by no means an expert photographer, but I have taken a few classes for it and would love to offer what little I can if you so desire.

For reference, all of my photos so far have been taken with a Sony a6000 mirrorless camera, using either the standard kit lens (16-50mm) or a 55-210mm zoom lens.

All current albums
Loose photos not part of these albums I'll post separately shortly

Touching up previous photos

I've been going back and using my improved editing skills to clean up previous photos I've taken but didn't release, hoping that I can make something out of them.

I'll post each photo I finish touching up as they're completed.

First one to come out of this was a shot of the golden gate bridge I took but it didn't seem that appealing.

Ks1ovrh.jpg
ISO 640 — 210mm — f/11 — 1/800 sec​

I think it turned out pretty great, and gave it a kind of vintage feel.

The next one I finished a while ago was the cityscape I took. Originally it was too hazy too use and I couldn't correct it enough with what I knew, but after screwing with color profiles and another program, I got it to something I quite liked.

4lpAFeI.jpg
ISO 320 — 210mm — f/11 — 1/800 sec​

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Stelios

Nucleus
Nebulae
Nice stuff

Those are cool pics, but they aren't Cyberpunk, they fit the outrun / vaporwave aesthetic. Many people get confused between the genres.

This is a pretty pic, but it's not Cyberpunk, it's just a regular city edited with neon colours
s8vuytlln4j01.png

A good example of a Cyberpunk (Dystopian / High-tech, low life) picture would be this one :

Sunset broadcasted on giant TV because of the smog in Beijing
TOMcXLbRnFetaixIlXLGmyKdTqhKKjwZa5tkPGOo_Bo.jpg
Or this one, great contrast between a high-tech luxurious hotel and a dirty slum part :

Hotel Grand Lisboa, viewed from the streets of Macau, China

06tud1411gm01.jpg
(that's a good example as well)

be-home-hero-01.jpg

But yeah, I'm looking forward for more of your pics, I would actually like to get into photography myself, so, great thread

Zombine

Nebulae
Nice stuff

Those are cool pics, but they aren't Cyberpunk, they fit the outrun / vaporwave aesthetic. Many people get confused between the genres.

This is a pretty pic, but it's not Cyberpunk, it's just a regular city edited with neon colours
s8vuytlln4j01.png

A good example of a Cyberpunk (Dystopian / High-tech, low life) picture would be this one :

Sunset broadcasted on giant TV because of the smog in Beijing
TOMcXLbRnFetaixIlXLGmyKdTqhKKjwZa5tkPGOo_Bo.jpg
Or this one, great contrast between a high-tech luxurious hotel and a dirty slum part :

Hotel Grand Lisboa, viewed from the streets of Macau, China

06tud1411gm01.jpg
(that's a good example as well)

be-home-hero-01.jpg

But yeah, I'm looking forward for more of your pics, I would actually like to get into photography myself, so, great thread

Interesting point. I've always been under the impression that cyberpunk was usually a mixture of lots of tech, bright neon lights, and slummy surroundings. While the photos are just cityscape with edited colors, I tried to draw from the common color palette that true cyberpunk photos do include, or at least mimicking neo-tokyo vibes such as
Y9nBZn2.png
In my opinion, I think even the colors can convey a sense of dystopian technology, with grunge-green colors or bright cyans, especially when shown in certain modern areas. It gives off a very uncomfortable vibe, like you're somewhere you shouldn't be.

I guess you might be right, though.

Zombine

Nebulae
Not worth posting in art of the week cause it's an old photo that I wanted to try an edit on.
I've been trying with lightroom and photoshop to replicate the look of Kodak's old Aerochrome film.
6QDI0Qv.jpg

2JK9oza.jpg

thanks for coming to my TEDtalk