Zero Hour, Ground Branch and Insurgency Sandstorm: The niche genre of tactical shooters thread

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
Recently a lot of people that hang around the realism genres of games have been making and playing mods and games like Zero Hour, Ground Branch and Insurgency Sandstorm modded (Notably ISMC mod).

Let me give a slim rundown of Zero Hour and Ground Branch as people are somewhat familiar with Insurgency

Zero Hour

A game which combines a lot of realism and SWAT gameplay together into what should've been - You're an operator in Malaysia(?) who runs into some fucking insane situations, where slow and steady wins the race. Early access game which is about 6 USD as of right now.

Ground Branch

Another tactical shooter where you are CIA Special force guys. The game has an emphasis on shoot everything in plausible deniability CIA ops, with a heavy emphasis on gear realism, tactical play and overall customization

Zero hour looks better because of the Ground Branch team dropping a lot of realism over graphics

add onto this thread, and if a few of us got a specific game maybe we can organize a game or something

Reactions: List

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
I've been slowly getting into ArmA 3 ever since I joined @Northgate 's operation/group (if that counts, idk if you count ArmA among the games the thread's about)

Really want to join a certain Warhammer 40k unit, but I would be only able to play the secondary times usually reserved for less focused/more experimental/less "serious" ops
Then again, logistics are cool

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae

bought ground branch after someone showed me it
heard later it's been in some alpha state for a few years or something
waiting on seeing where it goes since it seems to do some things every once in a while that spices it up
dunno if the few years part was true though

just waiting for it to be like swat4 and allow me to make a pink-camo character