Bug AR2 is obnoxiously loud

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
Priority: Medium
Description:
AR2 sound is really loud, earraping. It's becoming more annoying and you can't pinpoint where it's coming from at all.
Steps to reproduce:
Shoot the AR2 from the current weapon base and be ready for earrape.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Granted it's not meant to be a stealthy weapon
but I think the artillery strikes are quieter.

Reactions: List

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
Intended, how else are you going to deafen your enemy combatants? Purpose made sonic devices? Fuck that, just wrap it into your main service rifle.

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
i think the ar2 should have the same volume as every other weapon because its seriously dissonant from everything else

just because its a pulse weapon shouldnt mean that you cant even realize where its coming from

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
got an idea for this

i added 'world' or distant firesounds that i made separately in audacity, they're not perfect or anything and it's a workaround to the actual issue but i will hopefully have the code pushed to server soon and the content's going to be pushed later today

saves the earrape even if it's not perfect idk

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
yeah like i imagined it's not a perfect fix, it is a lot quieter when it shouldn't be but if it's still an issue on server i can always play with the volume

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
yeah like i imagined it's not a perfect fix, it is a lot quieter when it shouldn't be but if it's still an issue on server i can always play with the volume

they just purchased a silencer from whatever magical walmart the guys at hollywood get them from