In Progress Increase limbshot damage modifier

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
Suggestion: Make the disparity between bodyshots and limbshots smaller.
Why it would be worth adding:
To prevent situations like this one:
Where people get magdumped at medium range and do not die. I initially chalked it up to blacksuits being naturally tanky, until I had received the logs of the exchange:
image.png
And realized that half of the shots counted as limbshots, which is a byproduct of the animations looking like this:
image.png
image.png

Which, despite (at the current point in time, as the suggestion was written) geared rebels having more armour than cops do, grants them the additional advantage of their animations covering their chest hitbox.
Necessary content: N/A

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
So you're telling me that... Femchars really are overpowered?

I knew it. I wasn't lying to my father all along.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
ok im the first to admit i know fucking nothing about dmg modifiers and shit but uhhh

if u changed this wouldnt it kinda just end up being the same anyway except cops would die even fucking quicker

or am i misunderstanding smth here

like i get that by upping the limb shot modifier thats obvs gonna fix the issue of rebel anims but at the same time thats also gonna mean if a cop gets sks'd in the foot they're gonna die very biggest

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
like i get that by upping the limb shot modifier thats obvs gonna fix the issue of rebel anims but at the same time thats also gonna mean if a cop gets sks'd in the foot they're gonna die very biggest

I suppose the tradeoff is that you're less likely to hit a cops limbs due to their firing stance, whereas you'll even out the fact rebels naturally shield their chests by having the citizen anim.

If damage is more consistent even to limbs, suddenly it doesn't really matter if you're hitting a rebel in the arms or cop in the chest.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
cops would die even fucking quicker
thats obvs gonna fix the issue of rebel anims but at the same time thats also gonna mean if a cop gets sks'd in the foot they're gonna die very biggest
In theory, yes, that means both sides will die quicker
I am not 100% sure as I don't have the access to the statistical distribution of limb vs bodyshots but going off the assumption based on the animations, it should affect rebels more than it would cops

Nebulae
ok im the first to admit i know fucking nothing about dmg modifiers and shit but uhhh

if u changed this wouldnt it kinda just end up being the same anyway except cops would die even fucking quicker

or am i misunderstanding smth here

I think leg damage is separate from arm, could raise one and not the other

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Modifiers have been adjusted to increase damage to non-chest locations, not a large adjustment but enough to see if it is noticeable, don't want to change it too drastically - will come back to this after it has had time to settle

Will be live tomorrow