‘The Underground’

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

**Scattered throughout the Quarantine Zone you discover a set of fliers stapled or pinned to lampposts and walls, with a set of detachable tickets at the bottom waiting to be claimed**

Attention, Brave Souls!

Over the last few months we’ve been digging around the ruins of the old world and we’ve struck something that might pique your interest!

I require 4 to 5 brave men or women to carry out a dangerous task which promises a strong reward! Bare in mind that this task doesn’t come without risk and so I’ll need those who are willing to stare danger in the face!

If you’re interested, take a tab below and sign your name on the list just above - and meet me at 6:30pm GMT on Sunday at the Quarantine Zone, in the building just above the ladder leaning against the car!

Hope to see some of you soon and stay safe out there!

This will be an event server event and will be on Sunday 14th April.

Please fill out this simple IC app format by then - feel free to add your own custom information into the app and we may incorporate this in the event.
[IC App Format]

Name:
A bit about yourself:

By @Raiden and @Gyarik

DormNes

Quark
Nebulae
So... what is GMT to EST, I've gotten two different times, 11am or 2pm and those are two wildly different time.

DormNes

Quark
Nebulae
Name:
Neil P. Carson
A bit about yourself:
Uh... well I'm a farmhand from Arizona. The farm's my dad's. I'm the youngest out of all my brothers. So I'm good with my hands and I got a green thumb. I like to bird watch... even got a pair of binoculars for it. I don't exactly know what you're lookin' for but if it requires fighting. I got my fists. I don't mind entering into these uh infested places so long as I'm provided something decent to fight off the werid tan clawed creatures that take you over and all. Or those bugs. I hate those bugs. Nasty things. Had to deal with them for months at the farm. Good eating though. I got a canteen full of water in case that's needed. Oh and a lighter. Case we need burn something.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Flawed Hero

Proton
Nebulae
[IC App Format]

Name:
Jin Hitaki
A bit about yourself:
"You want to know about me? Hai....Well, sorry, I don't do deep dives. All you need to know is my name is 'Oni' and I'm here to bring back that youthful energy and perhaps...Earn some wealth in the process.

That's what you want, right? A mercenary, a ronin, well here I am stranger."

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Name: Joan
A bit about yourself:

I spent a lot of time living in the wild with my folks. Had I had my way I'd still be living there now, but I was caught by a patrol and inducted into the city. I plan on beginning a courier service. A lot of people underestimate me but I stabbed a guy last week and he didn't see it coming so I think it works to my advantage.

I've spent a lot of time exploring the QZ myself. Made friends with one of the reanimated, named him Joel, we were travelling as a pair for a few days before a soldier gunned him down, had to hide in the sewers for a while after that happened; I'm telling you this to say I've experience in the QZ.

I carry with me a shank I formed from a glass bottle this Korean chick gave me, she's sweet as.

Nebulae
Name: Indiana Prichard

Age: He Looks to be around his mid 30's, although he could just be worn-down after the war.

A bit about yourself:
(As you listen to this man, you can clearly hear Southern twang to his voice. He's clearly a country guy- he even looks like it.)

"My name's Indiana... but people tend to call me Jones. I doubt I need to explain why; and, no, I do not own a whip- although I've had a lot-uh practice usin'em and I also know how to make em. But that besides the point.
I grew up on a farm, and I never stopped livin' on one even after I gained my adult independence. I married, had a few children, and it was all on the same farm; that was till the Combine came and razed it to the ground, burned our fields, and slaughtered our livestock.
I'd say that growin' up on a farm, these kinds of skills should go hand-in-hand, but I got plenty of experience in firearms- day and night; I'm no stranger to needin' to use weapons or tools to stand my ground or kill somethin'; crafting up tools or workin' with wood is second nature; and, to compliment my hard work on the farm, I'm pretty good with my hands. I'm strong in general really, though I'm sure you could make that assumption just by lookin' at me.
I'm sure I could go on like a resume, but I think that's enough information from me to show that I'm capable enough. This wouldn't be my first exursion into danger either."

*EDIT: Just for fun I wanted to add a scene*
**A lone civilian crosses into the rail yard. He wanders around casually thinking about making a trip to the hemp plant. Maybe another person left a sandwich behind there. Thinking about the food, his stomach grumbles after the pear he ate, which he got from his latest ration.
**Suddenly, after making his way towards the wire fence line, a swarm of headcrabs emerge from the rocky dirt that makes up the bed of the rail yard. In a panic, the man makes a dash for the sewer, but too many headcrabs are coming up out of the ground in that direction. He doesn't want to risk it, and he changes his mind to go to the vent at the end of the tracks.
**After a couple minutes of crawling and climbing a couple of ladders, he makes his way out onto the open-roof building that looms over parts of the city. He peeks his head over the broken portions of the building's walls and looks down to where he just came from in the rail yard. The swarm he just ran from has just about re-dug themselves back into the Earth to catch another person off-guard. He takes a deep sigh of relief, but he ponders on what he'll have to do to make his way back eventually. Perhaps later, as the hungry reminds him of his priorities.
**The hungry citizen carefully steps his way down and through the building, passing by multiple barnacles, but he took notice since the very first one that he saw- they're dead. He observes the killing blows taken at the barnacles and sees that they resemble the deep gashes that something along the lines of an axe would cause. The Xenian blood of the barnacles still slowly ooze out of their hanging carcasses. Still fresh...
**Eventually standing in front of the open window, which, over the ledge, lays a ladder propped up against the wall of the same building, he sees corpses scattered across the QZ- zombies, fast and slow, poisonous ones even, headcrabs of all variants. It doesn't take a close inspection to get a good look at how the zombies' heads are caved in from some blunt object; and taking a look at the numerous headcrab bodies that are strewn around, he clearly sees the same axe-like gashes covering them.
**Full of caution, the man makes his way down the ladder. After much usage, the ladder doesn't shift, seeing how the bottom legs of it have worked their way into the metal atop the car's roof. Lots of people come through here despite the dangers... He slowly walks down the street, occasionally gawking at the zombified bodies that lay around him.
**A body can shiver and get cold chills from seeing something... putrid... As far as the eye can see, bodies, and bones, blood- human and non-human, and further down the street he can see a man.
**This man he sees, he's certainly a big fellow, he could be mistaken at his size, seeing how far away the burly man is, but it's a little too big to mistake that. He noticably carries a sledge hammer in his hands, and in brevity he watches the man take the last strike on a struggling zombie crawling along the ground. Even though the citizen is out of ear shot for a cross-street conversation, he definitely heard the crunch that followed the smash to that crawler's head. Makes my ears cringe.
**After a short while of watching the man down the way, he sees him take notice of a sheet of paper on a shattered light post. Looks like he's reading it, and he pulls something off of the sheet for some reason.
**Without warning, he hears a piece of wood fall. Turning his head, he sees a headcrab prowling atop a box. There wasn't time to react, the headcrab pounced, and before he fell out of consciousness, he heard his own crunch... My head hurts.
**He awoke for a brief moment, and he feels agonizing pain in his head, like something is trying to pull it off. A sigh is heard, and a country voice is heard a few feet from him, "Looks like that headcrab is latched on you tight huh?..." He sighs again, "Welp... there's only one thing to do now... put you out of your misery, and take that crab out with you." I can't move... "Oh, looks like the crab is already takin' control. Got to do this quick. I'm sorry fellow."
**With a deep take of air in his lungs, he raises his sledgehammer with both hands. Without looking away, and with no hesitation, he brings his hammer crashing down straight onto the crabs fleshy body... CRUNCH**

Last edited:

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Name:
Neil P. Carson
A bit about yourself:
Uh... well I'm a farmhand from Arizona. The farm's my dad's. I'm the youngest out of all my brothers. So I'm good with my hands and I got a green thumb. I like to bird watch... even got a pair of binoculars for it. I don't exactly know what you're lookin' for but if it requires fighting. I got my fists. I don't mind entering into these uh infested places so long as I'm provided something decent to fight off the werid tan clawed creatures that take you over and all. Or those bugs. I hate those bugs. Nasty things. Had to deal with them for months at the farm. Good eating though. I got a canteen full of water in case that's needed. Oh and a lighter. Case we need burn something.
You get a letter shoved through your door at an obscure time. You go to investigate who left you this note, but there's nobody to be seen.

rAUTtkz.jpeg

Accepted

[IC App Format]

Name:
Jin Hitaki
A bit about yourself:
"You want to know about me? Hai....Well, sorry, I don't do deep dives. All you need to know is my name is 'Oni' and I'm here to bring back that youthful energy and perhaps...Earn some wealth in the process.

That's what you want, right? A mercenary, a ronin, well here I am stranger."

You lay your head down on your pillow after another day of solitary wandering through the crumbles of an old city - a crumpling noise disrupts your rest as you investigate what is the cause.

Inside your pillow, signed and sealed, is a letter adressed simply to 'Oni'.

You open it and look inside.

f34OcAz.jpeg

Accepted

Name: Joan
A bit about yourself:

I spent a lot of time living in the wild with my folks. Had I had my way I'd still be living there now, but I was caught by a patrol and inducted into the city. I plan on beginning a courier service. A lot of people underestimate me but I stabbed a guy last week and he didn't see it coming so I think it works to my advantage.

I've spent a lot of time exploring the QZ myself. Made friends with one of the reanimated, named him Joel, we were travelling as a pair for a few days before a soldier gunned him down, had to hide in the sewers for a while after that happened; I'm telling you this to say I've experience in the QZ.

I carry with me a shank I formed from a glass bottle this Korean chick gave me, she's sweet as.

Pinned to a wall as you wander the Quarantine Zone, a note with your name on it. Somehow the person who wrote this for you knew you'd stumble across it.

J3z49Ni.jpeg

Accepted

Name: S2
A bit about yourself: I have the ability to get any required tasks done. No questions asked, no questions answered.

A brick flies through the window of whatever building you're squatting in. It's got a note attached to it wrapped in tape.

fHSeZBT.jpeg

Accepted

Name: Indiana Prichard

Age: He Looks to be around his mid 30's, although he could just be worn-down after the war.

A bit about yourself:
(As you listen to this man, you can clearly hear Southern twang to his voice. He's clearly a country guy- he even looks like it.)

"My name's Indiana... but people tend to call me Jones. I doubt I need to explain why; and, no, I do not own a whip- although I've had a lot-uh practice usin'em and I also know how to make em. But that besides the point.
I grew up on a farm, and I never stopped livin' on one even after I gained my adult independence. I married, had a few children, and it was all on the same farm; that was till the Combine came and razed it to the ground, burned our fields, and slaughtered our livestock.
I'd say that growin' up on a farm, these kinds of skills should go hand-in-hand, but I got plenty of experience in firearms- day and night; I'm no stranger to needin' to use weapons or tools to stand my ground or kill somethin'; crafting up tools or workin' with wood is second nature; and, to compliment my hard work on the farm, I'm pretty good with my hands. I'm strong in general really, though I'm sure you could make that assumption just by lookin' at me.
I'm sure I could go on like a resume, but I think that's enough information from me to show that I'm capable enough. This wouldn't be my first exursion into danger either."

A bird flies up to you as you wander the back alleys. It drops a note tied in ribbon at your feet and flies off without so much as a chirp.

wZzqp5W.jpeg

Accepted

The group is now full.

Flawed Hero

Proton
Nebulae
You get a letter shoved through your door at an obscure time. You go to investigate who left you this note, but there's nobody to be seen.

rAUTtkz.jpeg

Accepted

You lay your head down on your pillow after another day of solitary wandering through the crumbles of an old city - a crumpling noise disrupts your rest as you investigate what is the cause.

Inside your pillow, signed and sealed, is a letter adressed simply to 'Oni'.

You open it and look inside.

f34OcAz.jpeg

Accepted

Pinned to a wall as you wander the Quarantine Zone, a note with your name on it. Somehow the person who wrote this for you knew you'd stumble across it.

J3z49Ni.jpeg

Accepted

A brick flies through the window of whatever building you're squatting in. It's got a note attached to it wrapped in tape.

fHSeZBT.jpeg

Accepted

A bird flies up to you as you wander the back alleys. It drops a note tied in ribbon at your feet and flies off without so much as a chirp.

wZzqp5W.jpeg

Accepted

The group is now full.
....Can I pls get a translation?