Votes: 8 33.3%
  • ses

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
The people complaining in the comments about the political aspect of the song are just silly tbh - Politics is one of the biggest things and prolly one of the broadest topics to make a song around, and artists do it all the time because politics is such a diverse chasm of opinions, controversy and shit like that.

That being said, I quite enjoyed Benjamin Clementine's singing, although I do wish Damon had more lines - he has an excellent voice.

Nebulae
The people complaining in the comments about the political aspect of the song are just silly tbh - Politics is one of the biggest things and prolly one of the broadest topics to make a song around, and artists do it all the time because politics is such a diverse chasm of opinions, controversy and shit like that.

That being said, I quite enjoyed Benjamin Clementine's singing, although I do wish Damon had more lines, he has an excellent voice.

Same here tbh, Benjamin is a talented singer, and considering it's fairly clear the lyrics have been co-written, beyond politics he's a feature and a great one at that.

This track made me look forward to what's round the corner.

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Same here tbh, Benjamin is a talented singer, and considering it's fairly clear the lyrics have been co-written, beyond politics he's a feature and a great one at that.

This track made me look forward to what's round the corner.
I had a read of the lyrics earlier and to be honest it's not even as political as people are complaining about. It's subtle about it; but it doesn't even seem to be completely one-sided. If they name dropped him and made the song purely about him then I'd understand but it's more commentary on the divided state of the USA.

The vibe I got from it was mainly: "Trump may fuck things up or he might not, regardless it doesn't matter because we'll get by." And that's true, it's a common opinion many people hold.

Nebulae
I had a read of the lyrics earlier and to be honest it's not even as political as people are complaining about. It's subtle about it; but it doesn't even seem to be completely one-sided. If they name dropped him and made the song purely about him then I'd understand but it's more commentary on the divided state of the USA.

The vibe I got from it was mainly: "Trump may fuck things up or he might not, regardless it doesn't matter because we'll get by." And that's true, it's a common opinion many people hold.

tbh it's not even really about trump, more about their fear for the future in general.

like that small percentage of the voters who really do want to see everything trump is blamed for come to light.

Nebulae
probably just cause I dont listen to this type of music

but the "singing", i'd say talking, is out of synch with the music. like it doesent follow the beat

Joe Thompson

Electron
Nebulae
I personally don't like it
"I dont really care that it's political or sending a message, in fact I like bands getting political cause that's their expression. it's just not very good. It's a mish-mash of noisy harmonies, pretentious poetry slam-tier lyrics and a simplistic bassline that doesn't really compliment the track, It's not catchy or interesting, it doesn't really convey any sort of atmosphere, and holy shit the music video is bad, just put Clementine in front of a messy green screen in Trump tower (get it guys? trump has money, what a big meanie) and key in some tangentially related stock footage behind him cause yeah that's "deep" man, wow fight the power and such. Anyone who thinks this song is half as good as anything from Demon Days is deluded and talking shit, especially the "you're not a weal gorillaz fan" crowd, or the holier-than-thou cunts thinking that not listening to Gorrilaz commercially popular music somehow makes them better than those who do. "oh yeah I'm cool because I prefer other songs over Feel Good Inc" well aren't you special? this doesn't even come within a mile of the production of any song from that Demon Days, It's not a poetic tale like Fire coming out of the Monkeys head, it doesn't match the Gospel Choir symphonies of 'Don't Get Lost in Heaven' and it doesn't switch-up into something different like 'All Alone' Honestly this is just a sub-par track."

Megafreak

shit medic
Nebulae
I didn't like it. Like at all. I listened all the way through but it just doesn't sound good in a musical way to me.

Nebulae
shit song LOL

when you decide to leave your safe space and unblock me then i'll happily argue against you considering you unironically like famous dex.

I personally don't like it
"I dont really care that it's political or sending a message, in fact I like bands getting political cause that's their expression. it's just not very good. It's a mish-mash of noisy harmonies, pretentious poetry slam-tier lyrics and a simplistic bassline that doesn't really compliment the track, It's not catchy or interesting, it doesn't really convey any sort of atmosphere, and holy shit the music video is bad, just put Clementine in front of a messy green screen in Trump tower (get it guys? trump has money, what a big meanie) and key in some tangentially related stock footage behind him cause yeah that's "deep" man, wow fight the power and such. Anyone who thinks this song is half as good as anything from Demon Days is deluded and talking shit, especially the "you're not a weal gorillaz fan" crowd, or the holier-than-thou cunts thinking that not listening to Gorrilaz commercially popular music somehow makes them better than those who do. "oh yeah I'm cool because I prefer other songs over Feel Good Inc" well aren't you special? this doesn't even come within a mile of the production of any song from that Demon Days, It's not a poetic tale like Fire coming out of the Monkeys head, it doesn't match the Gospel Choir symphonies of 'Don't Get Lost in Heaven' and it doesn't switch-up into something different like 'All Alone' Honestly this is just a sub-par track."

this is acceptable criticism, at least you took the time to come up with a real response, but honestly I'll argue that this'll be a mainline gorillaz track, consider radiohead, they came back with the aurally violent track that was burn the witch, shit like this happens all the time. Besides that, I feel that people that bandwagon demon days like you do specifically are the kinds of people who think those of us who enjoy albums like PB and B Side are some hideous eldritch neckbeard monster when in fact we're just trying to take the music as it comes and enjoy it for what it is.

I'd agree, the production is slightly lackluster, but I feel that calling it "deep" for deep's sake is a fucking stupid underanalysis.

Also I mean, apart from the entire basis of your criticism being a copy pasted upvoted comment on youtube.

I didn't like it. Like at all. I listened all the way through but it just doesn't sound good in a musical way to me.

At least you didn't yell "SHIT SONG XDDDDDD"

NightScape

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
when you decide to leave your safe space and unblock me then i'll happily argue against you considering you unironically like famous dex.

Lol what? You're such a fucking hypocrite dude. And why are you still butthurt that i rated your song shit that one time? LMFAO

Grau

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i usually like gorrilaz, at least demon days but for some reason I don't enjoy this song
[doublepost=1484955417][/doublepost]
Lol what? Also i see that you are a hypocrite also
no dude you're the hypocrite
how can you say music is shit when you listen to people like famous dex and say theyre good

Nebulae
Yeah because i am white

but you act cringy and try to be smth you're not.

i'm mixed but besides the odd monkey meme i don't go out of my way to say and do "black" shit, i also don't wait 40 minutes to reply to texts. you're trying to be a stereotype and it just makes you look like you spent too much time on hypebeast.