Serious 1998 - Chapter One - New Places

Heck

Nucleus
Nebulae
Drew steps into the Border Checkpoint, it had a warm but chilled aura about it. A vo-coded voice behind him yells, "No more people in the line for the checkpoint, turn away and go home... This man is the last one! Come back at Four in the morning tomorrow." Drew Is nervous for his relocation into District 19. Passport, Identification papers and relocation ticket in hand, He places them onto the desk.
The immigration Personnel murmurs "Ah, finally. Somebody gets how to use a Border checkpoint."
Drew looks at the man with desperation, asking "What's District 19 like?" The personnel doesn't respond, it's obvious he's being watched and is on his final a warning. The personnel flicks through a notebook, checking if everything is up to scratch. He checks his clock and the passport, identification papers, and Relocation ticket is up to date and valid. A stamp is pulled out from its holster, a pressing noise is heard, Drew's ID is handed back to him whilst the Relocation ticket is placed into a container. The clock started beeping, Drew asks "What's the time sir?"
The man answers "It's Six-Thirty In the evenin', I've got to shut down the checkpoint, goodbye Mister."

Drew walks out into the snowy depths of District 19, he walks ahead, falling over due to snow covering a miniature hole in the ground. Two soldiers behind a concrete barricade laugh. Their laughs are distorted and Robotic, Vo-Coded to keep their identities safe so they could live their life normally when they retire. Drew looks at them, red faced, he stands up and heads to the district border Housing Block to get temporary shelter from the snow. Propaganda plastered over the border walls, 'Enter the Labour lottery on the 8th day of every month and drawn on the 29th day of every month.' Posters about being watched scatter the brick border, but that's been seen plenty of times before. He reaches an old brothel renovated into living space for new arrivals into the district, it's hard to miss since there are massive amounts of scaffolding around the front with crudely made signs With Black paint exclaiming 'New-Arrival Housing Block.'

Drew walks up to the large, drab mahogany door. He gathers his thoughts
'What if this isn't real? What if they ask for money? What if I get mugged or robbed? Any of those is better than freezing in the snowy streets.' Drew comes to a conclusion to enter, he steps in and is greeted by an elderly woman behind a desk.
"Hello there!" she exclaims "You must be new, yes?" Drew smiles, he stutters the words
"Y-Yes! I'm the last one who entered today..." Drew walks up to the desk, handing her his Identification Papers for her to review the Relocation stamps.
"Ah, you mustn't be used to the Manufacturing Districts? You've come from one of the ex-commercial districts!" She says. She hands him a forum to fill out. Drew fills out the forum, it asks for all the basic stuff found in a passport.
"Ah, pardon my manners! The name's Drew, Drew Williams." Drew remarks to the elderly woman,
"I'm Evie, Evie Wies. But people call me Beth!" The elderly woman exclaims "OH! You're here for a room, I'm sorry I forgot." She exclaims "Here's your key, you're room A1-12. Let me get your bags and help you up to your room!"
Drew Says to her "Just show me up to my room and I'll be set, don't want someone elderly to break their back caring for an old sod like me!"

They walk to a busted up elevator with a tatty red carpet. No protection from the lift shaft except a crude bit of improvised wall. A single bulb flashes and on occasion sparks. They both reluctantly enter, Beth pressing the button to Floor the first floor, floor A1. The lift creaks and crackles with the amount of weight being put on it.
Drew tries to make small talk "When I was in the line for the Border there was barely any snow, now there's tons of it!" He lets out a small chuckle. Bet says nothing, probably trying to not get sick from the amount of wobbling from the lift. The lift reaches A1. Drew and Beth both wander down a narrow corridor, they take a left. then go down to the end of the narrower corridor. Sounds of laughing and talking can be heard from A1-12. Beth opens the door and hands Drew the key.
"Enjoy Sonna', Welcome to the District!" Beth told Drew before he walks in after Beth slams the door closed, gazing at the four men sitting on their beds.
"Ey, You're the newin' 'reet?" The man pondered, wearing a Navy blue Vest and an unbuttoned brown shirt.
"Yeah, I was the last one who entered this snowy cesspool." Drew replies
"Well, You've got the bunk 'atop of me!" The man wearing Black trousers and an Olive-Green Jumper announced."

Thank you for reading!

If this is posted anywhere else by anyone else and you've seen it, Notify me immediately and provide me a link to the place where posted so there's valid proof.

Heck

Nucleus
Nebulae
[OOC] "hey guys check out my cool new RP doc give neb :grinning:)))))"
I never wanted neb, I wanted to share a story. Storytelling isn't about the neb, it's about the joy of sharing another world.

Plus I wouldn't of done it if I knew you'd be such a Dick about it...

Last edited:

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
I never wanted neb, I wanted to share a story. Storytelling isn't about the neb, it's about the joy of sharing another world.

Plus I wouldn't of done it if I knew you'd be such a Dick about it...
eh it looks like you wanted the juicy Nebulous Karma.

Heck

Nucleus
Nebulae
eh it looks like you wanted the juicy Nebulous Karma.

I just like writing and sharing stories... I'm not posting the chapters on here but rather writing them on a Google document and will make a forum post about it. For feedback and such.

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
The dialogue is too stale, and use past tense for third person writing ( My opinion and how I do it)

Chromesthesia_

Hailing from the same town as Sophie Dee
Nebulae
i used to enjoy creative writing but nobody on the internet cared

just find an education path that has elements of a great imagination

example

i do 3d computer animation

i make characters and stories

or just keep posting them on the internet till someone on wattpad reads it once and leaves you one comment

then you never get any more

Heck

Nucleus
Nebulae
i used to enjoy creative writing but nobody on the internet cared

just find an education path that has elements of a great imagination

example

i do 3d computer animation

i make characters and stories

or just keep posting them on the internet till someone on wattpad reads it once and leaves you one comment

then you never get any more

Tbh this is only so I have something to turn in if ever needed.