2018 GCSE Mock Results

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
yo just got my mock results back, got the baseline grades I need to do my level 3 computing college course (5 C's) so now I can just focus on my lesser subjects

Maths - 4
English - 4
Science - 2/3 (lol)
ICT - A* (coursework and mock combined, literally everyone on this forum could get at least a C on this with no preparation)
Media - B (coursework and mock combined)
Computing - 5

anyone else got their mock results? also what are you planning on doing post GCSE's.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
What's with this new way of them grading GCSE's? Back in my day it was A, B, C, D, E etc... now it's like 1's, 4's.. etc... I assume 1 is like A? or is 5 an A?

db7c912f4acb1be132a37324a4254f404333d7e471d39b347b04a301a775c3f0.jpg

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
Maths - 4
English - 4
Science - 2/3 (lol)
ICT - A* (coursework and mock combined, literally everyone on this forum could get at least a C on this with no preparation)
Media - B (coursework and mock combined)
Computing - 5
what to heck are these numbers?

i got a C in one subject and the rest were low passes

Reactions: List

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
9 is like a high a* and 8 is a low a*
7 is an a
4 is a standard pass
5 is a strong pass
tbh I remember in like year 7, 8 and 9 it was similar with our books being shit like "Target Grade: 7a" which was equivilent to an A. And 5b was a C and shit. But as soon as I went into year 10 it changed to Actual GCSE grades of E's through to A's.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
tbh I remember in like year 7, 8 and 9 it was similar with our books being shit like "Target Grade: 7a" which was equivilent to an A. And 5b was a C and shit. But as soon as I went into year 10 it changed to Actual GCSE grades of E's through to A's.
me 2

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae
Why not just use the letter system? It's easier
[doublepost=1520491884][/doublepost]Also how'd you get such a low grade in English? What's up with that

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
Dont give up my dudes, man was predicted C's and B's in GCSE; man came out with flat A*'s across the board.

You can do this, just keep your head down.
it's too late now dentist boy i got one C

Lynx

Dig Down, and find faith.
Nebulae
it's too late now dentist boy i got one C
tbh GCSE's arent that important unless you're going into a high-end field like medicine where they do want A's at GCSE
A levels and BTEC is what's truly important for Uni, that and a great application
[doublepost=1520508513][/doublepost]double post lol

but yeah if all else fails you could do what my backup plan was, which was to get my grades and go overseas to poland or the czech areas and study there, as the boundaries are a lot lower than in the UK

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
tbh GCSE's arent that important unless you're going into a high-end field like medicine where they do want A's at GCSE
A levels and BTEC is what's truly important for Uni, that and a great application
[doublepost=1520508513][/doublepost]double post lol

but yeah if all else fails you could do what my backup plan was, which was to get my grades and go overseas to poland or the czech areas and study there, as the boundaries are a lot lower than in the UK
way ahead of you mate, already halfway through a level 2 btec course

Mistiare

Professional Pastebin Analyser
Nebulae
way ahead of you mate, already halfway through a level 2 btec course

If you're looking for employment in the UK, a large amount of employers are currently searching for experience and skills over actual qualifications - I'd recommend following the route of getting some BTECs and try to get some work placements here and there even if it's only temporary.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
If you're looking for employment in the UK, a large amount of employers are currently searching for experience and skills over actual qualifications - I'd recommend following the route of getting some BTECs and try to get some work placements here and there even if it's only temporary.
My college course (computing l3) requires you to do at least two work placements for x amount of hours otherwise you don't get graded. Gonna go straight into an apprenticeship though after college because fuck debt, I'd rather get more actual work experience and a salary than go to uni.

TheRobsterDJ

Nucleus
Nebulae
My college course (computing l3) requires you to do at least two work placements for x amount of hours otherwise you don't get graded. Gonna go straight into an apprenticeship though after college because fuck debt, I'd rather get more actual work experience and a salary than go to uni.
if you're a cheapskate like me our campus has an alternative to uni, at least for ICT - instead of wasting your money you can take a level 5 course

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
only losers think their ppgs a real

the world is your oyster

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
if you're a cheapskate like me our campus has an alternative to uni, at least for ICT - instead of wasting your money you can take a level 5 course
pretty sure I saw something like that at our college
think it was a foundation degree or something?
only losers think their ppgs a real

the world is your oyster
man I'd rather put all the effort I can into my ppe's so I'm confident than I can go into a real gcse and feel like I'm on it as opposed to bricking it at the last second because I've never done a proper exam, or rather treated a mock like a real exam