a message to IX losers

florek

Electron
Nebulae
clockwhack was fucking shit performance wise, I'm honestly glad we're on Helix

clockwhack is a dead framework anyway, i don't get how you can fan it. hell even fucking alex abandoned this piece of work cause it's like trying to repair a trabant and turn it into a fucking mercedes benz AMG

aint happening

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Just in case you’re not actually trying to be a complete asshole @von Preußen , we’re not interested in what other communities are doing or copying us.

We’re frequently copied, if people want to play a server like neb they’ll just play neb. Let people waste their time making bad copies, don’t harass or antagonise them.

Reactions: List

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Before there was Helix, I can guarantee a majority of people on neb did enjoy it to a fair degree.
In comparison to Helix, it's fairly shit and it's littered with annoyances & bugs, and because Helix is so polished and well-maintained people tend to shit on Clockwork because it wasn't as good as Helix.

Personally, I like both frameworks. Clockwork is, genuinely, very iconic and distinct (which is, ironically enough, probably one of the main reasons why so many Clockwork servers exist) however it's still fairly annoying to use. Helix is newer and overall far surpasses what Clockwork did during its golden age, though (and this is only anecdotal evidence) I haven't seen many servers using the framework. And honestly, I think that's quite a good thing, because it keeps a good integrity of how Helix is seen rather than the clusterfuck that became Clockwork.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
ngl i can't actually look at clockwork anymore

it feels cursed
you know when you think back to the first modern warfare
think about how good it looked and how fun it was

then you play it or watch it for old times sake and realise it’s a load of shit by today’s standards lol

yeah that’s the same with clockwork

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I've played a few places with CW recently and I can feel the chug.

Even heavily optimised it was a nightmare, most servers are stuttering and lagging with even a fairly average playerbase. Its not terrible but its painful.

von Preußen

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
You’re aware that I was the one who originally released Clockwork at CloudSixteen on December 24th, 2012?

Nobody cares dude, take your fanboy somewhere else. If you like Clockwork, go play a Clockwork server... even though they’re basically all dead haha
[doublepost=1589041929][/doublepost]Wait I just realised you’re the guy who has alts to neb his own posts.

Anyway, thanks for being such a massive fan of my work since you liked Clockwork.
wait, you legitimately couldn't tell i was being ironic?

this whole post was meant to be a meme, i'm surprised you took it so seriously given how i wrote it in such a way that I thought nobody could possibly take it that way. lmao the whole fucking thread is titled "message to IX losers" - AND it's in fast threads where 90% of the content is bullshit unfunny memes.

i thought the three exclamation marks would have been a giveaway.

also i have literally never made an alt account for these forums - ever.

von Preußen

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Before there was Helix, I can guarantee a majority of people on neb did enjoy it to a fair degree.
In comparison to Helix, it's fairly shit and it's littered with annoyances & bugs, and because Helix is so polished and well-maintained people tend to shit on Clockwork because it wasn't as good as Helix.

Personally, I like both frameworks. Clockwork is, genuinely, very iconic and distinct (which is, ironically enough, probably one of the main reasons why so many Clockwork servers exist) however it's still fairly annoying to use. Helix is newer and overall far surpasses what Clockwork did during its golden age, though (and this is only anecdotal evidence) I haven't seen many servers using the framework. And honestly, I think that's quite a good thing, because it keeps a good integrity of how Helix is seen rather than the clusterfuck that became Clockwork.
biggest issue with clockwork is that it barely works with monitors above 1920x1080, it has yet to be fixed and i doubt it ever will be. not sure why someone would hardcode a framework to work with a specific resolution and nothing higher.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
wait, you legitimately couldn't tell i was being ironic?

this whole post was meant to be a meme, i'm surprised you took it so seriously given how i wrote it in such a way that I thought nobody could possibly take it that way. lmao the whole fucking thread is titled "message to IX losers" - AND it's in fast threads where 90% of the content is bullshit unfunny memes.

i thought the three exclamation marks would have been a giveaway.

also i have literally never made an alt account for these forums - ever.
you probably don't realise that there's a group of weird people that are quite literally obsessed with clockwork and spew daily shit about helix in the same way that you did

von Preußen

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
you probably don't realise that there's a group of weird people that are quite literally obsessed with clockwork and spew daily shit about helix in the same way that you did
how is that even possible. it's like people arguing over xbox vs PS4

also did kuro actually do anything when you were working on clockwork? i never hear much about kuro, all i know is that he "created" clockwork

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae

also did kuro actually do anything when you were working on clockwork? i never hear much about kuro, all i know is that he "created" clockwork

mr ddos

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
this is really simple to answer and i'm fairly certain you know the answer already but for some reason, me posting the answer will result in a grown adult and their child minions harassing me so i'll refrain from it

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae

He's Mr. DDoS.

Every version of the HL2 Clockwork Schema, to my knowledge, has a backdoor for kuro so he can basically shut down any servers he doesn't like.

Oh, and the ToS is very anti-consumer.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
In a hypothetical situation where Kuro has backdoors in every CW server, DDosses his "enemies" and actively exploits people as well as trying to shut down a community on a technicality? Yeah he'd be a shitty person wouldn't he.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
In a hypothetical situation where Kuro has backdoors in every CW server, DDosses his "enemies" and actively exploits people as well as trying to shut down a community on a technicality? Yeah he'd be a shitty person wouldn't he.

and he's a chav