A quite literal overwatch simulator

Niick

Quark
Nebulae
https://www.moddb.com/mods/overwatch

This is a half life 2 mod that died almost five years ago

Everyone plays on the resistance team, except for one or two players who act as Overwatch and direct combine forces to impede their progress and prevent them from accomplishing various objectives in the map. It's kind of like zombie master, but with genocidal cyborgs instead of zombies.

Thought someone here might be interested in it, I'm not sure if it even still works with steampipe though.

Reactions: List

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
is it possible we could reverse engineer this and turn it into a gmod gamemode and have our own server for it?

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
is it possible we could reverse engineer this and turn it into a gmod gamemode and have our own server for it?
if youre paying for it as i doubt anyone would want to upgrade a 5 year old outdated mod

most likely

Niick

Quark
Nebulae
best way to get it going again is to just host a server and have community overwatch days

not sure where you get the reverse engineer part from

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
@Benjideaula @Tzula you can copy the design and all that but reverse engineering doesnt mean shit

gmod is moddable only with lua, the mod we want to "reverse engineer" is, in fact, a source engine mod (therefore all you can slap on gmod are the assets such as models and materials)

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
@Benjideaula @Tzula you can copy the design and all that but reverse engineering doesnt mean shit

gmod is moddable only with lua, the mod we want to "reverse engineer" is, in fact, a source engine mod (therefore all you can slap on gmod are the assets such as models and materials)
I absolutely hate one word responses, that's why I rated you :box:
E: And, yeah, it doesn't mean shit I guess. I'm just explaining why I did that.

Niick

Quark
Nebulae
anyway yeah, it only really takes about four or so people to play, Overwatch's resources scales to the number of rebel players
we could probably organize a game night if anyone's interested

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
anyway yeah, it only really takes about four or so people to play, Overwatch's resources scales to the number of rebel players
we could probably organize a game night if anyone's interested

I'd be down for it

I'm gonna recommend to my friends we try it regardless

Niick

Quark
Nebulae
my group of friends has fond memories of it, but we can never get enough people for a decent game going

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
i used to play this years ago when it first came out

some of the maps have some sick traps Overwatch can deploy, like turning on forcefields to cut off half the rebels and then a vent pops open that they can go through, but while they are doing that, the people trapped in the forcefielded area get attacked by headhacks

was p fun, but i stopped playing it after a while and forgot about this

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
The problem with this is the same Zombie master had: if you play as rebel/human and you die can't do anything for the rest of the game. I don't know how long the average game of Overwatch lasts, but if it's as long as a zm game then it's really exausting.

Niick

Quark
Nebulae
I believe respawns can be edited with server settings? not sure though

If I'm remembering this right rebels can also revive dead comrades

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
Alright what if

SCP Secret Laboratory but Half Life (Black mesa) reskin

Niick

Quark