Suggestion A Red Laser for Sniper Rifles

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Suggestion: Add the red laser to sniper rifles which r*bels (🤮) commonly use.
Why it would be worth adding:
I think sniper rifles should have a red laser much like the Combine sniper; which has a blue laser eminating from it. It is annoying to be one shot from across the map or some incredibly obscure location without a hint where the enemy sniper may be situated in - especially for an environment that is going to facilitate first person in an open area which presents a plethora of options for sniper positions.

Since we collectively agreed that balance is essential to S2K. I think this is the right step towards it.
Necessary content: Gary's magical keyboard and knowledge.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Alternative: remove the blue laser from the combine one and reduce its firing rate since the laser was merely made for the singleplayer game mechanic of not being absolutely destroyed by something you can't see and need to kill by popping grenades through a window (terrible if you ask me but oh well)

Reactions: List

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
I’d rather there’s no lasers at all so both sides feel the fear of being sniped from an unknown angle

Nebulae
Let's make a vote on total laser removal
see how it goes
it def may be a better idea than red laser, even tho red laser aint that bad
zero laser is better

but on a roleplay server with s2k situations between factions, sometimes it may be useful to see some indication that you are being sniped, helps with the more fresh players that suddenly get sniped and their mood ruined due to unfamiliarity.

laser may be better for rp atmosphere

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
this reads like the most bait post i've ever seen

plus combine sniper does like 160 damage hence the laser

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
All of these snipers can oneshot 100/100 and 100/130
can't for overwatch though

a combine sniper can kill any insurgent regardless of clothing; transhumans need to be double tapped with any insurgent sniper

ww3rp has made me hate stealth sniping
you forgetting that everyone strapped the biggest optic they could on their base rifles to make laser guns?

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
you forgetting that everyone strapped the biggest optic they could on their base rifles to make laser guns?
i like urban street fighting and room clearing as apposed to just getting a black screen upon stepping out in the open. Long sightlines be damned i just want to shoot things i can actually see

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
M40 is ~115, SVD is ~120
All of these snipers can oneshot 100/100 and 100/130

no difference
I wouldn't say there is no difference, I remember in C24 - someone headshotting a P1 and was not a kill with an M40 headshot

Wouldn't even say laser removal would be that big of a change, I've died a few times to a combine sniper where the laser didn't render in - which is always fun

Bio Junior

Nucleus
Nebulae
I have a better solution, I proposed this to Gary and it should be simple to add to HL2 provided we still have the code from WW3RP.

Seeing as we have Binos now, we can add the glint effect to both the binos and the snipers, which will activate each time you aim down the scope (apart from the combine one that has the blue laser). I think it'll be balanced enough.

Nebulae
I have a better solution, I proposed this to Gary and it should be simple to add to HL2 provided we still have the code from WW3RP.

Seeing as we have Binos now, we can add the glint effect to both the binos and the snipers, which will activate each time you aim down the scope (apart from the combine one that has the blue laser). I think it'll be balanced enough.
binos glint? hell nah
its a citizen/resistance side suitzoom function

sniper scope glint?
hell yeah

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

how is there any point in adding glint to binoculars lol