Suggestion add a grapple kit script for rebels

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Suggestion: Add a grapple kit script for rebels that can be learnt from events, crafted for a high price, bought from traders etc, it'd be better if it didn't drop on death because that would get annoying fast
Why it would be worth adding: Makes combat a more even playing field, it was fine when only OTA had the kits but now that cops have it too it's only right that rebels eventually earn a way to get them
Necessary content:
dev work

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
It's been planned, just hasn't gone anywhere yet

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
compensation
cops get their suits issued out

insurgents need to actually build theirs, there's no blacksuit vendor on the map
not everyone has one either (unlike cops); just the heavy hitters who often get into shootouts

all the whinging about superior weapons is null too because cop crafters like @Laura can supply ammo, and we both know there's a ton floating around.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
cops get their suits issued out

insurgents need to actually build theirs, there's no blacksuit vendor on the map
not everyone has one either (unlike cops); just the heavy hitters who often get into shootouts

all the whinging about superior weapons is null too because cop crafters like @Laura can supply ammo, and we both know there's a ton floating around.
zKnmHwM_d.webp

Also the argument not everyone has one is moot because neither does every cop have a grapple kit. Only 75s and RLs (and only up, not down).

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Personally id say maybe 80-90 armour instead. Sacrifice a bit of armour for the benefit so that it is still a "Union advantage"
nah cops should eventually get more armour, so should rebels, more armour allows for far more dynamic combat, having done s2k tests with people with 100 hp 200 armour, 300 armour etc, it lasts much longer and can be a lot more fun, me thinks eventually rebels and cops get access to even higher armour, with cops they could get suit modules when they rank up that increase it maybe?

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
nah cops should eventually get more armour, so should rebels, more armour allows for far more dynamic combat, having done s2k tests with people with 100 hp 200 armour, 300 armour etc, it lasts much longer and can be a lot more fun, me thinks eventually rebels and cops get access to even higher armour, with cops they could get suit modules when they rank up that increase it maybe?
Im assuming the status quo. Effectively what I recommend is that while rebs can attain more armour than cops (/Phase 1's) that if the grapple is tied to a suit for rebels, the suit should imo have less armour than cop suits. Not by a lot (ergo like 10-20 armour) but still less.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Stick it to the regular lambda resistance suit and give it just barely enough armour to survive one headshot (or don't and make it like 70) and add a variant to the desc that's like 'this particular suit has had the armor inserts toned-down in favor of a grapple function'
And update the suits already it's been like 5 weeks since that suggestion was even posted that really should be a higher priority

Reactions: List

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
It was planned to be two separate scripts

A one use kit (more common, craftable)
and a multi-use kit (rarer, harder to obtain, maybe even impossible)

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I do not like the suit idea because then eventually like 90% of people will use it and then it will be a blacksuit situation again where everyone complains they look the same, I'd rather two separate scripts