Suggestion add a grapple kit script for rebels

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
Maybe there's a specific suit that you can get (More common, etc)
And, a 'kit' you can use, that lets you grapple in any outfit (But very rare / mega expensive).

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Maybe there's a specific suit that you can get (More common, etc)
And, a 'kit' you can use, that lets you grapple in any outfit (But very rare / mega expensive).
or this this is cool as long as you aren't ALWAYS forced to use a specific suit

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
or this this is cool as long as you aren't ALWAYS forced to use a specific suit
I'd say, forced to use a suit, UNLESS you got the extremely expensive 'addition' to the kit. A kit that basically means, Spec Ops only, essentially - Not literally everyone with a blacksuit being able to do so.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'd say, forced to use a suit, UNLESS you got the extremely expensive 'addition' to the kit. A kit that basically means, Spec Ops only, essentially - Not literally everyone with a blacksuit being able to do so.
yeah I know

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
The weak suit idea is best imo, also disencourages people from wearing blacksuits all the time so thats an instant plus
I do not like the suit idea because then eventually like 90% of people will use it and then it will be a blacksuit situation again where everyone complains they look the same, I'd rather two separate scripts

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
niche purpose, so it won't end up as the blacksuit situation hopefully. Except during, say, operations

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
I like this compromise, also for the 'blacksuit situation' analogy, thats ignoring the fact that the suit having very little actual armour will mean people who don't want to use grapple and would prefer having more armour to take hits will stick to the blacksuit

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
I think having both is the best

'Repurposed Climbing Gear' - low protection suit but with an Infinite use grapple

'Makeshift Climbing Equipment' - limited uses, craft-able

'Repurposed Military Rappel Gear' - Unlimited Uses, (Event Reward most likely)

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
i think the resistance already has comedy levels of armor and shouldnt be getting another buff on top of it but im speaking as a humble overwatch soldier who keeps lagging out whenever any form of combat occurs

its not like im allowed to pick a more high powered weapon as a phase 1 anyways

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
I do not like the suit idea because then eventually like 90% of people will use it and then it will be a blacksuit situation again where everyone complains they look the same, I'd rather two separate scripts
if the end goal is almost the entire resistance having a grapple then this should be denied, it should be something that exists for handing over to snipers/long-range support who aren't going to be frontlined, that way you can write off losing 40-50 armor total

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
I think having both is the best

'Repurposed Climbing Gear' - low protection suit but with an Infinite use grapple

'Makeshift Climbing Equipment' - limited uses, craft-able

'Repurposed Military Rappel Gear' - Unlimited Uses, (Event Reward most likely)
defo make the 'repurposed military' stuff EXTREMELY hard to get and expensive, probably event-only item.

'Makeshift climbing equipment' being quite expensive, sorta something you only make / take in an event you WILL NEED it in

Nebulae
defo make the 'repurposed military' stuff EXTREMELY hard to get and expensive, probably event-only item.

'Makeshift climbing equipment' being quite expensive, sorta something you only make / take in an event you WILL NEED it in
nothing like surprises and event items that are used once in a while to show off some cool hidden gameplay mechanics for scripted moments :)

Erkor

Nebulae
the problem is not "everyone looking the same", anyways; the problem is that a blacksuit -- besides looking kind of horrendous and edgy -- makes you completely and utterly invisible in darkness

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
the problem is not "everyone looking the same", anyways; the problem is that a blacksuit -- besides looking kind of horrendous and edgy -- makes you completely and utterly invisible in darkness
metrocops should really put duct tape over all the glowing bits of their armour now I think about it.
they're walking glowsticks with mp7s

Erkor

Nebulae
metrocops should really put duct tape over all the glowing bits of their armour now I think about it.
they're walking glowsticks with mp7s
i wanted to test this so i picked a particular position that i recalled from a recent attack to highlight the subtle but present differences

LIJkpfX.jpeg

how many rebels do you see? without raising the brightness or editing the image locally

i will post a follow-up image in fullbright soon.

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
no i hate everyone looking the same whats the point in having bodygroups if ur just gonna wear a fucking trenchcoat with a gas mask

its everyone looking identical AND looking like school shooters as well

Erkor

Nebulae
no i hate everyone looking the same whats the point in having bodygroups if ur just gonna wear a fucking trenchcoat with a gas mask

its just a shame they all have to look like school shooters as well
i dont entirely disagree tbh although i think the bigger problem from my pov is that there's a humongous disparity in visibility between combine characters and blacksuits

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae

its everyone looking identical AND looking like school shooters as well
Giving a fuck about min-maxing is so lame for an RP game even if we have S2K.

Who cares if the blacksuit has the best armour when it makes you look like a member of the trench-coat mafia after their atomwaffen membership got accepted and there is barely any consequence to "losing" a fight anyway so why bother having maxed our armour

Real chads fight in the most aesthetic clothes available for their character with 0 armour

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Giving a fuck about min-maxing is so lame for an RP game even if we have S2K.

Who cares if the blacksuit has the best armour when it makes you look like a member of the trench-coat mafia after their atomwaffen membership got accepted and there is barely any consequence to "losing" a fight anyway so why bother having maxed our armour

Real chads fight in the most aesthetic clothes available for their character with 0 armour
Genjo sticks out like a sore thumb but it looks good so I don’t give a shit

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i wanted to test this so i picked a particular position that i recalled from a recent attack to highlight the subtle but present differences

LIJkpfX.jpeg

how many rebels do you see? without raising the brightness or editing the image locally

i will post a follow-up image in fullbright soon.
I count 6, but that's with having time to process and look properly which I wouldn't be able to do that in a split second (and have taken advantage of that in years gone when my rebel had a blacksuit lmao).