Rejected Add a way to break weapon scripts

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Suggestion: Add a way to break weapon scripts, whether that be by reenabling shooting them or a command on the item itself.
Why it would be worth adding: Weapons aren't as valuable/rare in this iteration so I don't see an issue with giving people an easy way to dispose of them.
Necessary content: none

Reactions: List

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
Suggestion: Add a way to break weapon scripts, whether that be by reenabling shooting them or a command on the item itself.
Why it would be worth adding: Weapons aren't as valuable/rare in this iteration so I don't see an issue with giving people an easy way to dispose of them.
Necessary content: none
Why break if you can donate?

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Why break if you can donate?
what....? no one wants to keep the 30th lead pipe or glass shiv

EDIT: and plus this is mostly for CP faction, not rebels. I see what you're saying from that perspective, though

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
what....? no one wants to keep the 30th lead pipe or glass shiv

EDIT: and plus this is mostly for CP faction, not rebels. I see what you're saying from that perspective, though
Perhaps melee weapons because I’d find it incredibly cringe back in the day where cops would shoot guns that took many hours to find/get yah know?

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Perhaps melee weapons because I’d find it incredibly cringe back in the day where cops would shoot guns that took many hours to find/get yah know?
yeah I'm cool with just melee weapons being able to be broke

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
breaking weapons would allow people to potentially ruin the income/outcome of weapons
or the economy, whatever you wanna call it

basically I'm saying if the rebels do a bad move and a few guys die they could lose all of their guns permanently, not counting an admin directly intervening

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
basically I'm saying if the rebels do a bad move and a few guys die they could lose all of their guns permanently, not counting an admin directly intervening
you know that cops have limited guns too right?
also yeah fuck melee weapons let me punch them

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
yeah, i despise this meta.
I'd be cool with just melee weapons being able to be destroyed. Personally I'd just use to dispose of melee only since I keep ranged weapons now anyways. I don't think they're at a premium anymore

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
put the things you no longer need into an open box that is publically accessible and people will take them and happily use them

otherwise, use the breakdown feature in the crafting menu to turn them back into materials? (pipes and a few others have this, and if not they can be added very easily)

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
breaking weapons would allow people to potentially ruin the income/outcome of weapons
or the economy, whatever you wanna call it

If their bad move is bad enough to lose ALL of those weapons then maybe they deserve it for risking SO MUCH like have you seen a resistance as armed as this so early in the iteration in any other before this one? I mean weapons and ammo are not infinite but if you fuck up that hard the least you deserve from the universe is to lose your items

Ron

Developer
Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
put the things you no longer need into an open box that is publically accessible and people will take them and happily use them

otherwise, use the breakdown feature in the crafting menu to turn them back into materials? (pipes and a few others have this, and if not they can be added very easily)
I admit that I wrote this from perspective of the CP faction, maybe we can just have the vendor like we did last iteration that buys melee weapons?

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
I admit that I wrote this from perspective of the CP faction, maybe we can just have the vendor like we did last iteration that buys melee weapons?
Yes, we can have something like a vendor that converts certain items to half life alyx's "resin" that then creates more supplies for you, i.e. batteries