Suggestion Add GPU saver addon

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae
Suggestion: Very much the title.

Why it would be worth adding:

More often than not, you will Alt-Tab into something else while waiting the response from another person, as such is the slow paced nature of textRP. The thing is that Gmod runs quite expensively in the background, and in my experience it has led this server to be the hottest running game on my little machine (even hotter than baking textures lmao) which brings me stress on having the fans at almost max for very long times.

What this addon does is that it very much makes the game stop rendering things in-game when Alt-Tabbed. I have used the addon myself for a while and I consider it a... Well, marvel. Checked the code myself and nothing from my understanding indicates maliciousness and I never experienced an actual bug from the addon itself. It even allowed me to do the risky action of having Gmod singplayer in the background with Blender texture baking just fine.

It does in essence something most modern games do, even hot running ones like ArmA 3. So why not have that here? Note that the addon just disables render, not sound or else. Plus, it can be disabled clientside anyway if you somehow find it annoying.

Yes, I suggest this even if I may or may not ending up playing here. Check the addon by yourself, really. Think there's a dark mode version around as well.

Necessary content:

Reactions: List

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Thread may be better served in Technical Support subforum if anything

Will check it out tho, don’t have a bad pc tho no point wasting power when tabbed out

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
Will check it out tho, don’t have a bad pc tho no point wasting power when tabbed out
So what you're saying is... Skill issue? I agree I have a good pc too
Hohohoho hahahaha

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Thread may be better served in Technical Support subforum if anything
Not if it's something that he wants added to the server.

Alternatively, if the addon doesn't get added (which is left up to the devs entirely), you can set the process priority to low.
That way it eats up less cpu usage if you are alt tabbed.

4S3sClA.png