Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey

Smiley

Navy is a colour
Nebulae

This game launches in 4 hours, anyone else heard of it? It's an epic games exclusive for a year with the console version launching in December. I'm quite excited as it looks like a unique style of game, I'll most likely be playing it when it launches at midnight. (At least everywhere I've looked says midnight launch).

The company reviews are ranging from a 5 to a 7 or 8 currently. Although from the player reviews of people who've played it pre-launch they've said it's amazing so I'll definitely be giving it a go.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

This game launches in 4 hours, anyone else heard of it? It's an epic games exclusive for a year with the console version launching in December. I'm quite excited as it looks like a unique style of game, I'll most likely be playing it when it launches at midnight. (At least everywhere I've looked says midnight launch).

The company reviews are ranging from a 5 to a 7 or 8 currently. Although from the player reviews of people who've played it pre-launch they've said it's amazing so I'll definitely be giving it a go.

It looks fun honestly, I've been tracking this since E3. Didn't know it was out so soon.

Reactions: List

Smiley

Navy is a colour
Nebulae
It looks fun honestly, I've been tracking this since E3. Didn't know it was out so soon.
It's August 27th on the Epic Games store, although depending on timezones it says 28th for some people too far ahead. Although I'm not sure if Epic Games does UK midnight launches or if they rather do US midnight launches like Netflix does with their new shows.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It's August 27th on the Epic Games store, although depending on timezones it says 28th for some people too far ahead. Although I'm not sure if Epic Games does UK midnight launches or if they rather do US midnight launches like Netflix does with their new shows.
I'll probs be getting it for console come Christmas, I'm not super excited for it. It does look cool as hell though.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
looks unpolished and a lot of the game elements intrude on your visibility (ie: discovering new areas white light and hud elements)

Smiley

Navy is a colour
Nebulae
looks unpolished and a lot of the game elements intrude on your visibility (ie: discovering new areas white light and hud elements)
The only permanent hud elements from what I've seen is a small circle at the bottom of your screen used to inform you of your needs. A minimap in the bottom right and a stealth meter at the bottom left along with a time and weather info panel at the top of your screen. The rest are temporary popups. Although the permanent ones are quite small and squared away. I think what you're thinking of is the senses mode which can be toggled to sense things in your surroundings like points of interest, that can be very clogged but it's only a short thing to allow you to waypoint objectives.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The only permanent hud elements from what I've seen is a small circle at the bottom of your screen used to inform you of your needs. A minimap in the bottom right and a stealth meter at the bottom left along with a time and weather info panel at the top of your screen. The rest are temporary popups. Although the permanent ones are quite small and squared away. I think what you're thinking of is the senses mode which can be toggled to sense things in your surroundings like points of interest, that can be very clogged but it's only a short thing to allow you to waypoint objectives.

13:20

that bulb of light so bright you can't see anything else is really intrusive

as are the dodge prompts that pop up when getting attacked

Smiley

Navy is a colour
Nebulae

13:20

that bulb of light so bright you can't see anything else is really intrusive

as are the dodge prompts that pop up when getting attacked

Tried to stay away from the new video but I see what you mean, I doubt these will stay in the game though as there will 100% be complaints about the blinding balls of light for the main factor of territory control.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I see the dodge thing as being there so you don't miss the Sabertooth that comes at you out of the grass and get fucking mullered four hours into the game lmao