Any tips for making screenshots?

Flop

Secret dingus man
Nebulae
Just as the title says if you have some helpful tips for posing lighting that type of stuff then please share it with me :D

Sadn3zz

Quark
Nebulae
it's a decent starting point but that guy seemed to go really overboard with the editing
Yeah, I only noticed that when I went to his profile and saw the arts / screenshots.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
There's a good few tips for making Screenshots, especially those with High Quality behind them out there.
Here's some that I've acquired over time.

• Use this guide for lighting
  • Make heavy usage of Post Process, including downloading addons. Search 'Post Process' in the Effects section on the workshop.
  • If there's more than one person in the picture, or one subject, try to use the Rule of Thirds.
  • Try to get a bit of motivation before you make something, such as a genre or setting.
  • I heavily advise you to use picture editing software to improve them, such as Paint.NET or if you have the money Adobe Photoshop.
  • Try to use the Physics Engine to your advantage, to have better posing.
  • It's almost mandatory, but always try to use High-Poly models, if they're a character. Low Poly is okay, but High Poly is usually better.
  • Honestly, your first few won't be the best but keep at it. With Practice, comes Progress.
I hope this has helped!

Reactions: List

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
honestly if you wanna do post process get reshade, fuck all these programs and workshop mods

it's able to be manipulated in so many ways to get a product you want

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
honestly if you wanna do post process get reshade, fuck all these programs and workshop mods

it's able to be manipulated in so many ways to get a product you want

ReShade is so good, I forgot it existed and thought Gmod was always like the way it is.
Make sure you get ReShade, it'll help out a fuckton

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
use gmod or sfm literally just comes down to preference really

maga

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
gmod and sfm both specialize in two different avenues

i've always said that SFM should be used for more up-close, detail-focused, "smaller" poses than gmod, and not for large poses with scenebuilds due to sfm's memory problem, whilst gmod should be used for those large poses with large amounts of props and models because it can actually handle it

it's not often you can see a person bridge the gap between gmod and sfm but it is possible however

and in the end it comes down to your personal preference and posing style

only inexperienced or stubborn retards will tell you to only use one of the two and to not use/try the other