Anyone learning a language and why?

sots

community bear
Nebulae
I’m learning Polish because all the builders I work with are polish and can’t understand a word I’m saying and only know how to say whiskey and problem

AND PROBLEM IS THE SAME IN ENGLISH AS IT IS IN POLISH HOW CAN YOU LIVE IN A COUNTRY AND UNDERSTAND NONE OF ITS LANGUAGE

AAAAEEEE JA JEM JABŁKO MMMM TY JESTES DUZY PENIS KURWA

Reactions: List

not dani

Erotic Medical Technician
Nebulae
im gonna use duolingo for japanese
[doublepost=1554302553][/doublepost]
mainly bc i have a few pals who live over there wanting to teach me and i wanna have something on the side to supplement it

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
learned french in high school so i would fit the requirements for a college that i planned on attending

im not fluent, but learning french has helped expand my world view :^) and it made my trip to paris a few years ago a lot easier

i kind of plan on learning something like arabic or chinese, since i quite liked learning french
if anyone knows arabic/chinese, or is learning it, is there a good case for learning it, apart from the enjoyment you get from knowing cool new stuff?

i mean you don't know when u might get kidnapped by arabs, but other than that i think arabic is p hard to learn to be much of a bother since nobody speaks the 'proper' and written arabic, everyone uses slang and things that make no fucking sense

for us 'sitting' can mean 'ing' when placed before a verb, and whoever comes from another city would be confused too.

D

Deleted member 2994

i mean you don't know when u might get kidnapped by arabs, but other than that i think arabic is p hard to learn to be much of a bother since nobody speaks the 'proper' and written arabic, everyone uses slang and things that make no fucking sense

for us 'sitting' can mean 'ing' when placed before a verb, and whoever comes from another city would be confused too.
chinese it is then

sots

community bear
Nebulae

marhaber

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
Learning Korean, easiest of the oriental languages, a bit of a korea-boo, and it's a stepping stone into Mandarin and as such a stepping stone into Japanese. Also ez alphabet.

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Studied german for a few years before

Probd gonna be studying Russian as part of my mandatory service aswell which is going to be V nice

Megafro

Neutrino
Nebulae
[doublepost=1554302553][/doublepost]
mainly bc i have a few pals who live over there wanting to teach me and i wanna have something on the side to supplement it
Duolingo is what made me start learning Japanese, its pretty epic for anyone who wants to learn a language so I recommend it.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
Learning Korean, easiest of the oriental languages, a bit of a korea-boo, and it's a stepping stone into Mandarin and as such a stepping stone into Japanese. Also ez alphabet.
i've heard so aswell
how is it going so far?
aren't there a lot of sounds that are pretty alien to people used to germanic languages?

shia

the freakster
Nebulae
fuck is duolingo anyway? I havent even heard of it until i saw the memes of it and shit
does it do russian

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
chinese in preperation for the new world order

Megafro

Neutrino
Nebulae
fuck is duolingo anyway? I havent even heard of it until i saw the memes of it and shit
does it do russian
Ye it does, it has tons of languages that you can learn on it.

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae
I'm learning to speak german for my fathers side of the family who are part swiss.

as well as farsi persian cause its a minority language here in bahrain.
[doublepost=1554488029][/doublepost]

it used to be "asalam alakum" now its just "hala" lol

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I’m trying to learn some french in high school now, since I already Know and are fluent in Italian, Spanish, and english but universities need me to have 2 years of the same language done. So french it is, also cause everyone is in god damn montreal (looking at you Ubisoft)

Also would want to learn either Japanese (For anime OwO) or Russian so I can understand when hacker hacks me, when I’m at Uni.