Aperture Desk Job

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Due to recent world events you might have missed this (I certainly did).

Product Blurb said:
Introducing Aperture Desk Job — a free playable short made for Valve's new Steam Deck, set in the universe of the modestly popular Portal games. http://aperturedeskjob.com

Desk Job reimagines the been-there-done-that genre of walking simulators and puts them in the lightning-spanked, endorphin-gorged world of sitting still behind things.

You play as an entry-level nobody on their first day at work— your heart full of hope and your legs full of dreams, eager to climb that corporate ladder. But life's got other plans, and they all involve chairs.

Playable on the Steam Deck, Desk Job walks you through the handheld's controls and features, while not being nearly as boring as that sounds.

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
any controller?
i dont know if you need a specific one, it just stated that you need a controller

never used one for any steam games, so i dont know which work

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
any controller?
any steam compatible controller
so
any controller
i know my xbox one controller works
[doublepost=1646422081][/doublepost]i love the ending song reminds me of cara mia addio

Reactions: List

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
Even if it's almost certainly meant to take place in an alternate universe, I'm honestly not a big fan of Aperture being portrayed as even more wacky and insane (compared to Portal 2 and especially Portal). Still, the game's obviously well made, full of love for the franchise and free to boot. And I didn't expect them to reference the giant chicken of all things.

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Even if it's almost certainly meant to take place in an alternate universe, I'm honestly not a big fan of Aperture being portrayed as even more wacky and insane (compared to Portal 2 and especially Portal). Still, the game's obviously well made, full of love for the franchise and free to boot. And I didn't expect them to reference the giant chicken of all things.

May as well called it WN with the wacky zaney stuff

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
wdym not wacky this is pretty much on par with portal 1 & 2 both games are pretty absurd

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
wdym not wacky this is pretty much on par with portal 1 & 2 both games are pretty absurd
I'd say they definitely upped the wackiness from game to game: (though yeah, it was always absurd)
Portal 1 had Aperture design that felt way more grounded and believable (like an actual clandestine undeground facility) + the story was pretty tame in comparison to the later games, the absurd parts were mostly the robots designs, the wacky-sinister lines and puzzles being the main form of "testing"
Portal 2 had the big redesign with panel-based rooms suspended high in the air and all the new fantastical puzzle elements + they upped the wacky-sinister theme with Cave and how he ran Aperture (which was definitely a step up from what was shown and implied in the first game)
Desk Job has the appliance department try to murder you in an all-out shootout as you're ascending to Cave's office to try and sell him on your machine gun toilet