Denied Archo-flagellant Stalkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
I pitched this idea to Numbers previously however it's not something worth putting development time into before the launch, so this is an afterthought.

Suggestion: Add the beta Stalker model to the Nebulous Xenian pack and introduce them as an IC punishment for Loyalists who have failed spectacularly but did not betray the Combine.

jXququq.png

Their pre-PK punishment is to be surgically altered in an "Archo-flagellant Stalker", using the OW naming convention they would be something like
CMB:PRIME-SERVITOR.420

These stalkers would be deposited into the wasteland and thereon take up a similar role as zombie characters, wandering the map and hunting for prey to eviscerate (more likely be killed by) and add to the disturbing atmosphere of the server. Stalkers in the HL2 Beta were originally enemies Gordon would fight before even reaching the Citadel

The expectation for these characters is that the player will eventually delete to finalise their PK, or a staff member will manually PK them after a certain number of deaths as to not overpopulate the server with these characters.

Why it would be worth adding: Would make for some atmospheric and entertaining encounters, as well as a more fitting death for failed Loyalists, their last opportunity to do some damage to their enemies before they meet their final death.

Necessary content:
I do not have a specific addon that includes the Beta stalker, their are many and often come with the original animations rigged, they can be easily found on the workshop.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
looks good idea but we don’t need beta stalkers, we can use the actual hl2 stalkers
No we can't they don't have any attack animations and are being used for other purposes already.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
we can create attacking animations for them or roleplay the attacks?
By all means go rig gmod animation yourself because nobody else is bothering with that torturous process.

I already said current stalkers are being used for other purposes the whole point is this is a different thing from them.

Nebulae
By all means go rig gmod animation yourself because nobody else is bothering with that torturous process.

I already said current stalkers are being used for other purposes the whole point is this is a different thing from them.

don’t like it, i hope it wont get added ❤️❤️😘😘

edited: its a joke don’t come at me

Last edited:

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
why would they turn loyalists into these things instead of just killing them

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
They might make sense in a more Combine-heavy environment, but I don't know how sending them out in the wilderness will do much besides motivate the rebels to fight even harder. They're not like actual Synths that the Combine use. With so many types of feral aliens skittering about, one of these would be more likely to get ganged-up on by an Antlion than actually get within the clawing distance of a rebel.

Reactions: List

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
motivate the rebels to fight even harder.
Yes.

I want to suffer and die on the battlefield against rebel scum who wish to see my final destruction

Antlion would be a problem on this map but they can be turned off so, they can be utilised in that instance.

You can make the same argument against premium guys who play zombie, but they still manage.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
i like the last set of noises it makes really fits the chipmunk christmastime music

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i think it'd be interesting to add them in, but rather than being like simple stalkers, these guys would perhaps have some degree of awareness, feeling pain. a punishment worse than death essentially, sent to rebels as a morale breaker rather than an efficient fighting force.

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
i think it'd be interesting to add them in, but rather than being like simple stalkers, these guys would perhaps have some degree of awareness, feeling pain. a punishment worse than death essentially, sent to rebels as a morale breaker rather than an efficient fighting force.
This

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
you motherfuckers are just straight ripping from Warhammer 40k

40K-20191010070337.jpg

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
you motherfuckers are just straight ripping from Warhammer 40k

40K-20191010070337.jpg
next itll be the deathly combine corps of warrrrrr...kreeg. led by commissioner Krieg

while I like the idea of adding more content, i don't really like drawing parallels between warhammer and the combine because they operate on very different motivations

the combine stalkerize you to keep you as a living asset for as long as they can with the cheapest method, not just waste you on the field.

the warhammer universe made archo flagellants as a brutal form of penitence because they can't get enough grimdark in their lore

also, i don't even know why the thread was titled as archo-flagellant when they don't even look the same. there isn't even a whip on the model

so yeah just know that im not rly a fan of warhammer x combine. space marines arent combine soldiers, cops arent death corps, and beta stalkers aint flagellants so if u still want em in, come up with another use for them

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
next itll be the deathly combine corps of warrrrrr...kreeg. led by commissioner Krieg

while I like the idea of adding more content, i don't really like drawing parallels between warhammer and the combine because they operate on very different motivations

the combine stalkerize you to keep you as a living asset for as long as they can with the cheapest method, not just waste you on the field.

the warhammer universe made archo flagellants as a brutal form of penitence because they can't get enough grimdark in their lore

also, i don't even know why the thread was titled as archo-flagellant when they don't even look the same. there isn't even a whip on the model

so yeah just know that im not rly a fan of warhammer x combine. space marines arent combine soldiers, cops arent death corps, and beta stalkers aint flagellants so if u still want em in, come up with another use for them
The flagellant comparison is just the best comparison I could think of when it comes to their actual purpose. I.e fight and die as a mindless suffering slave

Status
Not open for further replies.