ARMA Reforger

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
Arma Platform released a stream link

And they released Arma Reforger, on the new enfusion engine, like right after the stream started, teasing ARMA 4 eventually

the specs arent that bad too

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
arma reforger is a good look into their new engine but im not about that price tag to try it out
ill be watching and seeing where it goes though, since it's the perfect preview to see the direction they'll take arma 4

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
after playing for a while... i like it, but not enough to warrant 30 euro, which i could just spend on arma 4. idk what discount they'll give out to those who own reforger, but i do hope it is big, considering the pricetag

Reactions: List

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i refunded it, it's not arma 4 it's just a modding platform for people to play with the enfusion engine

doesn't excuse the absence of a mission editor though lol, multiplayer eats frames and the interface is horrifying

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
reposting my review from steam

I generally hoped for more. This is not it.

It's promising, but it barely has content, or it's a change in course for more light infantry/mechanized infantry based tactics, which in it of itself would be okay. I do not enjoy the inventory system one bit, doesn't make sense to me

there's a few bugs, but I don't blame much on the devs here - It is barely worth 15 bucks, let alone 30.

If we do not recieve Arma 4 at a hefty discount (80/90% off) then it is not worth purchasing this, but waiting for Arma 4, as in the way of things, the game is beautiful, I love the way it looks, but I did not pay 30$ for a photogenic simulator

there's nothing in the way of ragdolls, only some choppy, randomly thrown together bits - For a thing that has been teased for a while, it feels intrusive with the amounts of hints you get in tutorial, and it feels like it's trying to hit a mix between streamline dayz shit, and hardcore milsim - BI, one or the other, not both, because it doesn't work imo.

This game is underdeveloped for what the launch was hyped to be.

I like the way they did some things - the textures, the graphics, all of it look very very fucking nice, but a game with only one gamemode, no mission editor of any kind and what I assume will be a 15% discount of off Arma 4, this is not worth it.

The vehicle models are stunning, and i believe that in arma 4 we will see actual units, with logistics and the like, duke it out, and it will be interesting, but right now not worth the cash

echs dee

Atom
Nebulae
got hyped a lil bit
game looks ok, gunplay also looks much better compared to arma 3 (i think that arma 3 combat is janky and goofy as hell)
interface looks like something out of a roblox game
but very nice

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
as rimmy said, it's arma 3.5 to test the new engine, not arma 4

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
very buggy. haven’t been able to join servers and I’ve been disconnected.

Otherwise when I have been able to play I feel like it’d be fun. I like the setting and it feels like the Conquest mode could go on for literal days.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Personally am on the fence, will probably wait until a sale to try it out if it's a good sale.

My biggest issue is worries over what I've seen.

Such as how the HUD has become more intrusive, mostly on the Zeus side when it comes to spawning things but also for infantry. During their showcase stream I saw during an engagement a indicator pop up on an emplaced machine gun "Get in, [occupied]" which feels like a redudant indicator blocking some visuals.

And while like the idea behind the modding system, I worry a lot since it reminds me a lot of Fallout 4 where, at-least on console, it turned into a pay for minor mods with premium currency model. I have hopes the same wont happen here but it does feel like a red flag I'd rather sit out now.