News AURORA | Announcement & Date | 03/05/2021

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
wait will there be a civillian populace or is it just cop + engineers + medics vs Rebels?

Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
wait will there be a civillian populace or is it just cop + engineers + medics vs Rebels?
civilians come too yeah. they can do whatever, chill in the union base, vibe with the rebels, whatever. @Tyrone also has a civilian volunteer corps thing but i believe recruitment is done IC

this ain’t a signup event, you only sign if you want to play in a faction

Last edited:

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
hey cool you apply in-character as a citizen, that sounds f-
unknown.png

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
This is probably the closest I'll get to a feedback/Q&A thread without clogging up application threads.

@nexus & @Rondal

About the cop equipment situation, which is in terms of offensive equipment 1 gun & 1 box of ammo (no ammo stored in gun)

I've gotten the impression that rebels can bring whatever they can carry, which I can presume will probably be more than cops are allowed to bring.

I am an Overwatch/Union player though, I do not know the equipment situation of rebels but seeing as they have been relatively unimpeded in terms of gathering and crafting equipment since the beginning of C8 without any ammo/gun sink (ergo Cops v. rebels or events) that I do believe they've got more firepower than 1 gun and 1 box of ammo p.p. (roughly). Not to mention these guns aren't limited to USP-M, USP-T, Mp5 or Mp7 and in rare cases can be AKs.

I am not asking you to let cops bring whatever they can carry, since that would clearly put us into an advantageous position. If however it could be re-looked at for conditions such as you can fill X weapon with rounds and bring 1 box spare or something like that would already be a majour feeling of ease.

If however, I am writing all this and it turns out you've got the plan to have cops receive limited ammo drops or something every so often. Then you can ignore all this. Just something that was on my mind.

Rondal

And whole beasts of nations desire power
Nebulae
This is probably the closest I'll get to a feedback/Q&A thread without clogging up application threads.

@nexus & @Rondal

About the cop equipment situation, which is in terms of offensive equipment 1 gun & 1 box of ammo (no ammo stored in gun)

I've gotten the impression that rebels can bring whatever they can carry, which I can presume will probably be more than cops are allowed to bring.

I am an Overwatch/Union player though, I do not know the equipment situation of rebels but seeing as they have been relatively unimpeded in terms of gathering and crafting equipment since the beginning of C8 without any ammo/gun sink (ergo Cops v. rebels or events) that I do believe they've got more firepower than 1 gun and 1 box of ammo p.p. (roughly). Not to mention these guns aren't limited to USP-M, USP-T, Mp5 or Mp7 and in rare cases can be AKs.

I am not asking you to let cops bring whatever they can carry, since that would clearly put us into an advantageous position. If however it could be re-looked at for conditions such as you can fill X weapon with rounds and bring 1 box spare or something like that would already be a majour feeling of ease.

If however, I am writing all this and it turns out you've got the plan to have cops receive limited ammo drops or something every so often. Then you can ignore all this. Just something that was on my mind.
There are plans to alleviate any ammunition scarcities either side might face, but I'll talk it over with @nexus and look at a compromise considering that opening ability to fight.

Nebulae

@nexus & @Rondal

it's not like the combine on neb have had the advantage for 20000 years now.

just be underdogs for once, gad damn

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
There are plans to alleviate any ammunition scarcities either side might face, but I'll talk it over with @nexus and look at a compromise considering that opening ability to fight.
Thanks, will be greatly appreciated.

If you have an actual argument you want my opinion on that doesn't involve "Well I've been wronged, so I'm going to wrong them" then I'll bother to respond. We all want this event to be fun, I am certain it will be managed appropriately and that both cops, rebels and citizens will have a fun experience no matter the decision made.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

i think rebels will get the chance to finally use all the cool repurposed rebel tech that got added a while back and never used

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

@nexus & @Rondal

you'll all have a standard cache of ammo, grenades and a few other things just like the folks who applies for rebel bases will.
it's intentional so we can do balancing once we've gathered all the numbers of applicants.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
you'll all have a standard cache of ammo, grenades and a few other things just like the folks who applies for rebel bases will.
it's intentional so we can do balancing once we've gathered all the numbers of applicants.
Makes more sense then!

karl-police

Nucleus
Nebulae

Aurora-Small.jpg

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
- Carl Sagan

03 - 05 - 2021
6:30pm UK Time

In Vladivostok, Russia, the wastelands now created in the wake of the destruction are becoming habitable once more. A land ripe for the taking in the shadow of the benefactors, all sides rush to make a name for themselves, reclaim this tainted earth. For what reason? Only the highest authorities know.

All the while, the ground stirs as the masses embark for the ruined land, on promises of fortune, sanctuary, or whatever fuels their need.

Vladivostok's calling, answer at your own risk.

F A C T I O N S

Y4MHK9B.png

The Volunteer Corps

Comprised of Civil Protection units, loyalist subsidiaries, and unassuming citizenry, the volunteer corps are the first line of reclamation in the area, operating under directives to reclaim and seize the area. Additional subsidiary corps such as combat medics, engineers are also present as cohorts to the main civil protectorate.

WHITELIST THREAD HERE

hSEbdOt.png

The Resistance Forces

Scattered allegiances, the resistance forces are a culmination of efforts to repel Union expansion into the region, coupled with refugees of surrounding areas. The resistance forces make up one of the primary roadblocks to the occupation of the region, having rooted a firm foothold in the area.

WHITELIST THREAD HERE

OOC INFORMATION

CONTENT

The ruleset for this 128 slot event applies during its duration only, any changes made are considered temporary.

Aurora will last for up to five days, this is subject to be shortened based on the discretion of the event runners.

Engagements are going to be handled through Shoot-To-Roleplay. This will be a new system introduced with the assistance of the event-makers, to improve the systems of combat and improve the depth of the combat.

Aurora will use the current server's ruleset, however, some key changes to rules of engagement and combat will be introduced. All rule changes will be detailed in a separate thread.

Not all factions will be permitted to take part in this event, CAB, OTA, UIL, Proselytes, and Dispatch presence will be non-existent. Xenians and Zombies are limited to event-runner discretion.

Common sense is expected to be used at all times and appropriate levels of the response given to your surroundings. Fear roleplay is expected to be a massive part of this event.

Premium containers will not be added in the duration of this event. You will be expected to prepare for this event, pack what you can carry.

Wear socks at all times during this event.

STATE OF AFFAIRS CAN BE FOUND HERE

C R E D I T S

Massive thank you to @Danny for his beautiful poster magic.
Thanks to @Blackquill for supporting the project through its conception.

Rondal?

Wasn't his name Ronald?

Did they make a typo on the banner, and now he changed his name?

Last edited:

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
that I do believe they've got more firepower than 1 gun and 1 box of ammo p.p.
My character from the start of helix who started as an independent crafter, and later on joined the railway (about i'd say one year as a crafter) only recently obtained 1 mp7 and 80 bullets. That's all the firepower I have obtained -- one year in.

Just to put some perspective on the rebel-gear situation idk. There are a lot more TAG-unit cops than there are 1-year old rebels who've survived and obtained firepower.