Battling cancer; a deeper look into what it's like.

key

Nebulae
totally different here.

i paid for parking.

that's it.

and they even made sure i got a 50% discount on that.

i otherwise paid for nothing.

i had dozens of MRI's, dozens of CT's, 3 PET scans, somewhere in the ballpark of 1.2 million dollars' worth (give or take a hundred thousand) of chemotherapy, 11 days in hospital etc. and that's not even counting the other little costs.

i didn't pay a dollar for any of it.

the public system over here is regarded as 10x better than the private system because it's all university hospitals and so they have better everything, essentially. and their budget is pretty damn large.

quite frankly, seeing medical systems like the ones that exist in america and in the UK is revolting to me after having seen what my own country's capable of
Cries in 3,000 dollar ambulance ride

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I do just wanna say that (at least from personal experience) you absolutely do not just get given the bare minimum for cancer treatments in the UK, unless something has drastically changed in the past two years.

My nan only had a life expectency of 2-4 years when her very aggressive cancer came back and they tried every drug possible right up until none of them worked. The only reason she didn't get chemo was because she literally refused, knowing how bad the cancer already was. It would have been suffering for the sake of nothing in her eyes.

She ended up living to almost the maximum of her estimate, and that was with terminal cancer from the getgo and constant support/help on all levels, including scans and stuff.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Had a scare the other day, went and got checked and it was nothing (thank fuck).

Just a reminder to not dismiss shit and put off going to get seen if you think something is up, lads.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Had a scare the other day, went and got checked and it was nothing (thank fuck).

Just a reminder to not dismiss shit and put off going to get seen if you think something is up, lads.
the anxiety u feel waiting for an unknown result asked for out of caution is not nearly as painful as getting a bad result you attempted to avoid hearing about by ignoring a symptom

check ur shit fellas

Chains

I’m Tired.
Nebulae
totally different here.

i paid for parking.

that's it.

and they even made sure i got a 50% discount on that.

i otherwise paid for nothing.

i had dozens of MRI's, dozens of CT's, 3 PET scans, somewhere in the ballpark of 1.2 million dollars' worth (give or take a hundred thousand) of chemotherapy, 11 days in hospital etc. and that's not even counting the other little costs.

i didn't pay a dollar for any of it.

the public system over here is regarded as 10x better than the private system because it's all university hospitals and so they have better everything, essentially. and their budget is pretty damn large.

quite frankly, seeing medical systems like the ones that exist in america and in the UK is revolting to me after having seen what my own country's capable of
You'd be homeless if you were here in the United States. How fucked up is it that something so necessary to your survival can financially ruin you. Shouldn't have to choose between dying or becoming financially insolvent.

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
ive been a cancer since the day I was born (the starsign not the illness)

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
ahem

another scan and blood test passed

cancer still a pussy bitch

approaching 5 years cancer free

9.gif