Battling cancer; a deeper look into what it's like.

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
another blood test performed

result:
cancer still a pussy bitch.

blood test was clean boys. comin on 4 years cancer free.

gentleman-giga-chad.gif
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
- 2 Corinthians 16-18

Reactions: List

Mads

Proton
Nebulae
When my brother went through chemo, he had his semen frozen down for potential future usage, since it permanently damages semen production/quality in many people who go through it.

Did you have yours frozen down? Especially considering how yours was most likely removed, if not partially :(

Jeffy

Electron
Premium Member
Nebulae
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
- 2 Corinthians 16-18
“he beat that bitch, fuck cancer” - jeffy, wheneverthefuck 69-21

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
Did you have yours frozen down?
i didnt, no

ive never wanted kids in the first place and at the time i didnt want to put anything else on my plate.

the type of chemotherapy i had and the sheer volume of it that i got thrown at me has a good chance of making me infertile, apparently, but my oncologist also said that in all the years hes put men onto this sort of chemotherapy theres never ACTUALLY been a case of his patients going infertile

but like i said; ive never wanted kids. and thats not a 'oh hes just young and hes saying that'; no, i don't want kids.

and even if i ever did change my mind on that, i'd adopt; i can't stomach the thought of bringing my own child into this world when there's already so many that need parents. it just seems selfish to me.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
jim-carrey-ace-ventura.gif

u mfs already know what im gonna say.

scan done. fuck all found.

oncologist, word for word, said my scan was "boring as batshit". love the man.

that is all.

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae

that is all.
classic subeh nebfarm… real low buddy

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
my girlfriend has 1 more round of chemo then hopefully its finally over for her

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
let her know im rootin for her

its like ive always said man; cancer can win in two ways - mentally and physically. but if you beat it mentally, then you're going to beat it physically. its just a universal constant.

it may sound morbid, but, i never saw it that way; i always used to tell myself that if it killed me, then it dies with me. i can't tell you exactly why that helped me so much, but that statement alone drove a lot of my motivation; the thought that it can't really 'win', necessarily.

also helped to know that it's a scientifically proven fact that cancer patients that are mentally healther in the process of fighting it actually have a higher success rate than ones who don't, so, that also kept my spirits high

the fact that you can even say the words '1 more round of chemo' is in of itself a good sign. a doctor isn't going to tell you that you have 1 round of chemo left if they aren't confident they can take you off of it, especially when you're young.

she should be incredibly proud of herself. you've got a strong woman on your hands there bro, don't let her go

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

that is all.
Praying for the three of you.

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
super happy that you beat this @Subeh

I wanna ask, and it's fine if you don't feel comfortable saying, how much did you spend on cancer treatment? Was it done through a private clinic or through a public health care system like the NHS? I read not long ago that over here in the UK, if you get cancer, the NHS will only provide the bare basics for treatment which is essentially a death sentence. Just wondering how it is over in Aussie land.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
super happy that you beat this @Subeh

I wanna ask, and it's fine if you don't feel comfortable saying, how much did you spend on cancer treatment? Was it done through a private clinic or through a public health care system like the NHS? I read not long ago that over here in the UK, if you get cancer, the NHS will only provide the bare basics for treatment which is essentially a death sentence. Just wondering how it is over in Aussie land.
totally different here.

i paid for parking.

that's it.

and they even made sure i got a 50% discount on that.

i otherwise paid for nothing.

i had dozens of MRI's, dozens of CT's, 3 PET scans, somewhere in the ballpark of 1.2 million dollars' worth (give or take a hundred thousand) of chemotherapy, 11 days in hospital etc. and that's not even counting the other little costs.

i didn't pay a dollar for any of it.

the public system over here is regarded as 10x better than the private system because it's all university hospitals and so they have better everything, essentially. and their budget is pretty damn large.

quite frankly, seeing medical systems like the ones that exist in america and in the UK is revolting to me after having seen what my own country's capable of

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
the public system over here is regarded as 10x better than the private system because it's all university hospitals and so they have better everything, essentially. and their budget is pretty damn large.
the only reasons to ever use private is if you end up screwed by waiting times (pretty rare), you have the raw $$$ and want treatment the second you show up at a private clinic or whatever you're looking for simply isn't subsidized at all, which again is rare.