Battling cancer; a deeper look into what it's like.

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
i made it. i fucking made it.

got test results back an hour ago and they were perfect, which marks 3 years and is the universal dropoff point where everybody takes a deep breath and chills

in the words of my oncologist; i have virtually no risk remaining of it coming back

im speechless

while i was in there talking to him he was so fucking ecstatic; he was nearly jumping out of his chair, his smile was nearly tearing his cheeks off - he seemed to proud, so happy, so relieved and so giddy. he even gave me a fist bump lol

towards the end i looked at him and thanked him more sincerely than i ever have anybody in my life

when he heard me say thanks, he looked at me dead in the eye and said "No, thank you for holding on and fighting as hard as you did."

i just cried

i cant believe i made it. i really cant.

my portacath's coming out in july, im not putting it off this time. im ready to put that weapon down now.

i love all of you

e:
p.s. my doctor even said he was going to break open his top-shelf gin to celebrate this
WgqUSVW.gif

You did it champ.
Are you gonna celebrate it with a good round of grilling?

Reactions: List

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae

got test results back an hour ago and they were perfect, which marks 3 years and is the universal dropoff point where everybody takes a deep breath and chills

in the words of my oncologist; i have virtually no risk remaining of it coming back

im speechless

while i was in there talking to him he was so fucking ecstatic; he was nearly jumping out of his chair, his smile was nearly tearing his cheeks off - he seemed to proud, so happy, so relieved and so giddy. he even gave me a fist bump lol

towards the end i looked at him and thanked him more sincerely than i ever have anybody in my life

when he heard me say thanks, he looked at me dead in the eye and said "No, thank you for holding on and fighting as hard as you did."

i just cried

my portacath's coming out in july, im not putting it off this time. im ready to put that weapon down now.

i love all of you

e:
p.s. my doctor even said he was going to break open his top-shelf gin to celebrate this

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae

im speechless

i just cried

i love all of you

e:
20220429_191032.jpg

cheers boys
[doublepost=1651224196][/doublepost]
do it

but if you season it terribly you bring great shame upon yourself
the only seasoning wagyu needs is salt and pepper

garlic powder at most

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae

im speechless

i just cried

i love all of you

e:
absolute chad fuck yes

you vs cancer

Thood74

Molecule
Premium Member
Nebulae
congratulations on making a life threatening disease your bitch, your oncologist sounds like a cool dude as well

grill yourself up a fancy meal and have a celebration, you earnt it

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
good job subeh mate, I've seen first hand what cancer does to somebody. my best friend from uni suddenly got cancer a couple of years ago and it started as a lump on his back which sadly spread to his lungs, he got mad chemotherapy and all the treatment available and unfortunately he passed away last year. He was 23 and I remember the last time we spoke we were saying how we were going to start to play valorant and shit, super hyped and excited because he had moved away and we hadn't spoken in fucking ages.

a couple of weeks later I found out he passed away.

he told me a lot about the painkillers they'd give him and the chemotherapy. Man I saw some pictures of him and he looked so fucking sad and half dead it almost killed me. he had all these plans like how he was freezing his sperm so that he could have children post-chemo and even got married to his girlfriend and moved in with her.

we met when we were 19 at university and honest to god the dude was the funniest motherfucker on earth, I practically ditched all of my friends and started hanging out with him 24/7, we did so much together in such a short span of time and it was like the best year of my life with all the time we spent together and all the shit we did. we were going to start a podcast talking about crazy shit. I always get the idea that I should go talk to him about something I saw or maybe we should do something but then I remember he's RIP. sad times brother.

sorry you had to go through this, it's great to have ya around x

Jeffy

Electron
Premium Member
Nebulae
I remember reading about your situation back in 2020. Glad that you’re clear and risk free, you’ve done well to get through it. I know cancer can be devastating so it’s nice to see people beat it. x

D

Deleted member 7591

im speechless

i just cried

i love all of you

e:

congratulation dude, im happy that you made it! the albanian guy wishes all the best for you

Laura

Nucleus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
Big congratulations man!
I'm happy for you, glad you pulled through.
Absolute King.

D

Deleted member 7099

im speechless

i just cried

i love all of you

e:
unknown.png

great work, cowboy

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
good job subeh mate, I've seen first hand what cancer does to somebody. my best friend from uni suddenly got cancer a couple of years ago and it started as a lump on his back which sadly spread to his lungs, he got mad chemotherapy and all the treatment available and unfortunately he passed away last year. He was 23 and I remember the last time we spoke we were saying how we were going to start to play valorant and shit, super hyped and excited because he had moved away and we hadn't spoken in fucking ages.

he told me a lot about the painkillers they'd give him and the chemotherapy. Man I saw some pictures of him and he looked so fucking sad and half dead it almost killed me. he had all these plans like how he was freezing his sperm so that he could have children post-chemo and even got married to his girlfriend and moved in with her.

we met when we were 19 at university and honest to god the dude was the funniest motherfucker on earth, I practically ditched all of my friends and started hanging out with him 24/7, we did so much together in such a short span of time and it was like the best year of my life with all the time we spent together and all the shit we did. we were going to start a podcast talking about crazy shit. I always get the idea that I should go talk to him about something I saw or maybe we should do something but then I remember he's RIP. sad times brother.

sorry to hear that man idk what i'd do if that happened to one of my friends

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae

im speechless

i just cried

i love all of you

e:
Wow. That's seriously fucking amazing dude. I'm happy for you!
[doublepost=1651351121][/doublepost]

Sheesh man, that's really fucking rough :( I'm sorry you lost your best friend like that, and that last bit about wanting to show your friend something and then remembering, hits hards. I've got to be honest though, I find it incredibly adorable and admirable how he and his girlfriend married. I'm sure he was on cloud-9 when he got married, and I hope his wife is alright. I hope you continue to pay respects to your friend, dude.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
gorilla-slide.gif

gentlemen.

been a while. recently occurred to me that i left this thread without an update for quite a while, didnt really feel right.

cancer's still a pussy bitch, it'll be 4 years in a few months. in 2 days im having my portacath removed properly this time, after two delays (one caused by me, one caused by the hospital having a change of plans).

2023 will be the first year in 4 years where ill have very minimal hospital visits; ill maybe go 2-3 times, one for a blood test and one for a scan, then possibly an ophthalmology visit; depends on whether or not they cancel it, they're pretty inundated and they rarely have anything to tell me that i dont already know. they mainly just want to keep a record of my good eye more than anything now.

smooth sailing, boys, smooth sailing.

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
cancer's still a pussy bitch, it'll be 4 years in a few months.
did you, by any chance, forget to turn on AI Surrender? Usually the bots should resign when they have no chance of winning.

In all seriousness though, hope thing are going well for you