Battling cancer; a deeper look into what it's like.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
5th of next month
BREAK OUT THE SCOTCH MOTHERFUCKERS CANCER'S STILL RUNNING SCARED AYO

MRI and blood test were perfect, nothing bad to report still

got another CT in 3 months, then an MRI in 6 months, then it'll go out to every 6 months; so one CT and one MRI every 12 months, 6 months apart.

and i'm very, very ecstatic to report; on the 27th of may this year, i'll have officially hit 2 years since i stopped chemotherapy.

fuckin a brother

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae

got another CT in 3 months, then an MRI in 6 months, then it'll go out to every 6 months; so one CT and one MRI every 12 months, 6 months apart.

and i'm very, very ecstatic to report; on the 27th of may this year, i'll have officially hit 2 years since i stopped chemotherapy.

fuckin a brother
fuckin oath bang out a vb long neck for our mate

Reactions: List

Limeao

24/7 John Lennon Impressionist
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

fuckin a brother

Woo hoo, proud of you man.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
so i just found out that, after my results on the 5th, im having my portacath removed after it being in me for over a year

if anyone is unaware of what a portacath is; it's a little plastic thing that's put into your chest and it has a wire that leads into a main blood vessel of some sort, so that chemotherapy and other treatments can circulate your system quicker

it's surreal honestly. it's like i've fought a war and i'm finally laying down my rifle. i mean this thing was shoved in me when i was in hospital and ever since it's sort of felt like my weapon of choice. this thing was literally what i used to fight and it's almost sad to see it finally leave.

i think i might ask them if i can keep it actually. idk if they'll let me, but maybe they'll sterilise it and put it in something for me. it'd be nice to be able to put it up on a shelf and keep it with me after it did so much for me.

once it's out, though, that's like the final nail in the coffin; it's me admitting the fight's over and i've won.

i almost can't believe it.
alright yep got the date for the portacath removal

april 13-14 its coming out

fuck idk whether to be scared or happy

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I decided I'm not having the portacath taken out yet.

I know I could but I honestly just don't feel ready to. It's like a soldier laying down his weapon and admitting he won't need it anymore; this port is what I used to fight and I'm really, really just not ready to admit that I won't need it anymore. It isn't like the port restricts me in any way either.

I've decided I'll give it at least another year. When I hit the three year mark, then maybe I'll be ready for it to come out.

Feels shitty honestly though; I feel marginally disappointed in myself that I couldn't muster the strength to have it taken out, but at the same time I think it's pretty understandable for me to not be ready for that yet.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Feels shitty honestly though; I feel marginally disappointed in myself that I couldn't muster the strength to have it taken out, but at the same time I think it's pretty understandable for me to not be ready for that yet.
Dont feel dissapointed bro <3

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

I know I could but I honestly just don't feel ready to. It's like a soldier laying down his weapon and admitting he won't need it anymore; this port is what I used to fight and I'm really, really just not ready to admit that I won't need it anymore. It isn't like the port restricts me in any way either.

I've decided I'll give it at least another year. When I hit the three year mark, then maybe I'll be ready for it to come out.

Man Subeh I know me and you don't talk as much as we used to anymore but I genuinely can't stress enough how much I respect you for the things you've been through and the fights you've endured.

Your story is a genuinely inspiring one, it's a hard reality check hearing how someone so young and healthy can go through Stage 4 cancer and seemingly battle impossible odds in the process, yet how your story ends, you fucking kicking its ass back to dust and being able to carry on living your life, it really gives me a whole lot of hope too, it seriously puts a smile on my face knowing that even when you get dealt a shit hand there is always a chance you'll make it out fine and keep going long after it, puts a lot of my smaller problems in perspective and helps me cope with some personal matters.

You were someone incredibly unlucky, yet turned it around on it's head when life gave you and your family a really fucking cruel blow and have never been stronger. Don't ever be disappointed in yourself, you've already done enough fighting to last a lifetime homie, you do whatever you feel the need to do and never doubt that. Can't blame you for not wanting to put down your 'weapon' when it literally blasted those tumour's asses into the shadow realm like some kind of mythical relic lol, I hope the docs let you keep it.

I'll be honest there is still a log between me and you on discord that has me crying sometimes when I come across it, it was you telling me like a few weeks before your diagnosis came through 'my left eye is fucked, allergies kicked in after years of not having any problems with em' and yeah whilst I might be a sensitive little fag for being so upset realising how it was really a tumour all along whilst me and you were casually fucking about and shooting the shit together, I just wanna thank you for still being here and spending your time in the community as you have, that and the simple knowledge I can always come to you with any problems I have should I need them, you're a really fucking great guy.

Anyway that's enough sentimental Tommy for today, uhhhh lol just remove it 4head stop being such a pussy wtf

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae

Take your time, no need to rush things. Do stuff when you feel ready to. Nothing to feel dissapointed about

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
oh yeah

gettin CT scan results in a few days

ill let u all know how it goes
CT was perfect, blood test was perfect

doctor has outright said he, to quote him directly; "isn't really that concerned anymore" and he sincerely doesn't believe it'll come back - this coming from a doctor who's got a slew of achievements in his field and works with a lot of severe cases like mine, so i believe every word of it because i know he wouldn't say it unless he was completely sure.

what really struck me though was what he said afterward. in his once again quoted words; "once you hit the three year mark you've basically got as much chance of getting cancer as anyone else does."

yeah. he actually fucking said that.

i'm still shocked, honestly. i didnt expect to hear something like that for years, or even at all; but he said, with the utmost confidence, that by the time i hit the 3 year mark (which is in a year's time), i'll have just as much risk as anyone else. jesus christ.

for the last two and a half years i've sincerely wondered if i'll ever have the same opportunities as everyone else; i sincerely wondered if i'd live long enough to do the things i wanted to do, regardless of whether or not everything was going well. i had this biting feeling in the back of my head that i was being too optimistic and it was going to come back and it was going to kill me. but then he said that.

what he said just keeps replaying in my head. i'm sincerely shocked and i swear to almost makes me tear up every time i think about it.

and i can now confidently say what i've been wanting to say for the last two and a half years;

i won. i fucking won.

i love all of you and i'm excited to see what life has in store for me.

chronos

Molecule
Nebulae
oh yeah

doctor has outright said he, to quote him directly; "isn't really that concerned anymore" and he sincerely doesn't believe it'll come back - this coming from a doctor who's got a slew of achievements in his field and works with a lot of severe cases like mine, so i believe every word of it because i know he wouldn't say it unless he was completely sure.

what really struck me though was what he said afterward. in his once again quoted words; "once you hit the three year mark you've basically got as much chance of getting cancer as anyone else does."

i'm still shocked, honestly. i didnt expect to hear something like that for years, or even at all; but he said, with the utmost confidence, that by the time i hit the 3 year mark (which is in a year's time), i'll have just as much risk as anyone else. jesus christ.

for the last two and a half years i've sincerely wondered if i'll ever have the same opportunities as everyone else; i sincerely wondered if i'd live long enough to do the things i wanted to do, regardless of whether or not everything was going well. i had this biting feeling in the back of my head that i was being too optimistic and it was going to come back and it was going to kill me. but then he said that.

what he said just keeps replaying in my head. i'm sincerely shocked and i swear to almost makes me tear up every time i think about it.

and i can now confidently say what i've been wanting to say for the last two and a half years;

i won. i fucking won.

good fucking job man I love you I love you I love you

key

Nebulae
oh yeah

i won. i fucking won.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
oh yeah

i won. i fucking won.

hell yeah brother

ya did it
we're happy for ya

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
oh yeah

i won. i fucking won.

i’m so fucking proud of you dude

seriously

absolute legend

love you long lost cousin

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
oh yeah

i won. i fucking won.

really proud of this momentous occasion and i wish you all the best and a happy and fulfilling, long life

now cure being Australian

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
FUCK YOU WHY WOULD YOU SEND ME THE LINK TO THIS OVER STEAM I THOUGHT IT WAS BAD NEWS MY HEART LITERALLY SUNK SUBEH JESUS CHRIST

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
nah bro being australian is how i cured it

cant kill an australian

i suppose battling an army of mutant spiders and wrestling a kangaroo just to get to your front door would make you pretty hardy

australia is just real-life catachan