Battling cancer; a deeper look into what it's like.

Clokr

Atom
Nebulae
Nice

Usually go for 15km hikes with 15-20kg rucksack
I once did a 20km fuckin march with a like 25 kg knapsack and a 4.5 kg musket.

Not fucking pleasant in the slightest, especially when you’re fed literal rock hard flour mixed with water and salted pork and wearing leather brogans that have wooden soles.

Our Captain the bastard make us carry at the shoulder for like 5 miles. And by the half mile mark of the first one my arm was already giving out.

Thanks to him my right arm doesn’t swing when I walk now.

Fuck you Bill, you ass.

Reactions: List

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I have a scan soon, so I'll be sure to post what the results are.
i am happy to report that cancer is still a pussy bitch and still doesn't want back in the ring with me

my oncologist said that once i hit the 3 year mark that's the point where people that had my type of cancer typically don't end up getting it back, unless it's a separate case entirely

also, my doctor and i shared a special moment

i asked him; 'I've been charcoal grilling a lot, is that any riskier for me than someone else?'

he looked me dead in the eyes and said;

'Nah, mate. Grill to your heart's content.'

i am a happy man.

got another MRI in 3 months, which'll put me close to the 2 year mark which is another massive milestone

eat shit cancer

florek

Electron
Nebulae
i am happy to report that cancer is still a pussy bitch and still doesn't want back in the ring with me

my oncologist said that once i hit the 3 year mark that's the point where people that had my type of cancer typically don't end up getting it back, unless it's a separate case entirely

i asked him; 'I've been charcoal grilling a lot, is that any riskier for me than someone else?'

i am a happy man.

got another MRI in 3 months, which'll put me close to the 2 year mark which is another massive milestone

eat shit cancer
Keep going strong boss

D

Deleted member 5162

i am a happy man.

eat shit cancer
bda.png

Grill on, Boss.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

i am a happy man.

eat shit cancer
Love you man x

Also fucking hell has it been two years almost?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

i am a happy man.

eat shit cancer

barely 20 and already radiating massive boomer energy

keep on keeping on subeh you magnificent bastard

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae

i am a happy man.

eat shit cancer

tenor.gif

we're all gonna make it, gamers

thank you for this positive message, we are all glad to hear you are back to your boomer self

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
had a bit of a scare the other day lads, considering like 4 people in my family have died of cancer and like 2 others got it recently, i kinda knew or felt as if i'd get it at some point, luckily the scan showed it wasn't anything

check your balls gang honestly, it sounds stupid but the doctors told me it's the number 1 cancer in young guys because they all think they're young and that cancer is an old people's illness

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
had a bit of a scare the other day lads, considering like 4 people in my family have died of cancer and like 2 others got it recently, i kinda knew or felt as if i'd get it at some point, luckily the scan showed it wasn't anything

check your balls gang honestly, it sounds stupid but the doctors told me it's the number 1 cancer in young guys because they all think they're young and that cancer is an old people's illness

Just checked me balls while I sat on the toilet Johnny, think I'm alright.

Stay safe my main slice x

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
check your balls gang honestly
Can't echo it enough.

I don't mean to potentially scare people, but it was because mine weren't checked thoroughly enough that I ended up with clusters of tumours in my lungs, one in my left eye and several in my brain.

If you go to a doctor and they tell you a lump is nothing; request that you get some kind of scan done to be sure.

There's no such thing as not being sure enough and do not listen to anyone who says 'you're being paranoid'; if you find something resembling a lump down there, you go to the ends of the Earth to make sure it's properly checked because if you find it that early on, the only procedure is a surgery; you won't have to sit through three months of the most intense fucking chemotherapy the hospital can throw at you, face 50/50 odds of a relapse within 2-3 years and lose sight in one eye.

Just get it checked and get it checked properly.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
what age do i start ball checks

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
on a slightly funny ot note

got pancreatic cancer, went through tests so doctors can check for any cancerous cells and injected me with radioactive shit to look for it (got no idea how it works and forgot what the radioactive shit was)

now I'm slightly yellow and I'm not allowed to stay near pregnant women and children

I wish i was joking

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
on a slightly funny ot note

got pancreatic cancer, went through tests so doctors can check for any cancerous cells and injected me with radioactive shit to look for it (got no idea how it works and forgot what the radioactive shit was)

now I'm slightly yellow and I'm not allowed to stay near pregnant women and children

I wish i was joking
At a guess it's some kind of contrast which sits in your system and is capable of highlighting cancerous cells/masses of cancerous cells (tumours). They give it to me a lot as well, usually before/during scans. What you're saying reminds me a lot of what they gave me before a PET scan, which was a drink in my case.

You're going to be fine, mate. Just keep strong.