BBC's New Show: The Bodyguard

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae

I don't watch much telly personally but this has restored my faith in actual good British television, just take a look at this clip.

Tell me what you boys think.​

Reactions: List

All Adm*ns are Bastards

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
This seems to be getting loads of acclaim but I'm really not seeing why. To me that 17 minute clip was nowt but mediocrity. The acting, the costume design, the cinematography, the music, the whole shebang. It claims to be a thriller but at times it really felt to me like a complete piss take of the genre with how much they were hamming up stuff like his phone losing signal and especially the bit where he first finds the bomber in the toilet. When that big synth drone kicked in and he hit out with "asalamu alaikum" I couldn't help but laugh but considering the rest of the clip takes itself mega seriously I don't think it was meant to be funny. I'd say it's a step up from other BBC shows like Casualty but at least Casualty has more of those unintentionally funny asalamu alaikum moments. In conclusion I rate it 5/10 and that's being generous

Baker

Mr. Mineside
Nebulae
This seems to be getting loads of acclaim but I'm really not seeing why. To me that 17 minute clip was nowt but mediocrity. The acting, the costume design, the cinematography, the music, the whole shebang. It claims to be a thriller but at times it really felt to me like a complete piss take of the genre with how much they were hamming up stuff like his phone losing signal and especially the bit where he first finds the bomber in the toilet. When that big synth drone kicked in and he hit out with "asalamu alaikum" I couldn't help but laugh but considering the rest of the clip takes itself mega seriously I don't think it was meant to be funny. I'd say it's a step up from other BBC shows like Casualty but at least Casualty has more of those unintentionally funny asalamu alaikum moments. In conclusion I rate it 5/10 and that's being generous
different strokes for different folks but i like this kind of telly personally

Reactions: List

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Looks really cool, when's it gonna come out? And BBC Exclusive?