BF2142/BF2 HAS BEEN REVIVED

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Hey, if you're like me and many other people you were sad when gamespy shut down and both BF2 and BF2142 were shut down. Well these guys have revived both the games. You don't even have to own a valid copy, because they're giving the full game for free.

https://bl2142.co/

Reactions: List

Prof

Electron
Nebulae
sick, I remember playing 2142 and bf2 as a child.
much nostalgia

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
old news kiddo I've been playing this for the last two weeks. Good to lose my hearing to all the ENEMY SPOTTED again.

Erid

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
old news kiddo I've been playing this for the last two weeks. Good to lose my hearing to all the ENEMY SPOTTED again.
Enemy infantry spotted- enem-enemy-enemy infan-enem-enem- enemy boat spotted!

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
I've only played Battlefield Bad Company 2, BF4 and BF1. Oh, I just realized, I played Battlefield 1942 when I was like 8. (Like 7 years ago.)

Raah

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i was on japan team and one dick head kept spamming the voice command for enepey spotted

PsychoParek

Neutrino
Nebulae
OH. MY. GOD.
I lost like 4000 hours on this game.
I was playing it all day all night and now... ITS BACK .. BF2 is best Battlefield ever ...
BIG FUCKING THANKS FOR POSTING THIS

jambez

Proton
Nebulae
Rather than making a new thread, gonna bump this one.

397d56b1c8.png

So... Yeah - Battlefield 2/2142/Heroes are now completely and utterly dead.

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
Rather than making a new thread, gonna bump this one.

397d56b1c8.png

So... Yeah - Battlefield 2/2142/Heroes are now completely and utterly dead.
EA actually have put themselves out doing this
unlike GTA Online where Rockstar live off revenue generated from it, EA could just sell the game through Origin and dlcs while Revive hosted the servers which benefitted everyone as EA gets the cash they want and the players get their online

jambez

Proton
Nebulae
EA actually have put themselves out doing this
unlike GTA Online where Rockstar live off revenue generated from it, EA could just sell the game through Origin and dlcs while Revive hosted the servers which benefitted everyone as EA gets the cash they want and the players get their online
If it was that easy to put it back on Origin, they could've easily made their own servers themselves - however, not that many people would've paid for it anyway, nor it would've been enough to keep them up (Or atleast keep those greedy bastards profiting) - thus why they got closed/never restored in the first place. They didn't even let the old Multiplay BFH community servers remain up, when they were the ones hosting more than half of the servers back then.
Revive had made it as free as it can be, especially BFHeroes (atleast if we exclude the idea that the revive community was paying the servers on their own, but no member was ever forced to pay for their servers, or anything, to play).
Even if they were basically promoting these old titles, EA simply had to respond because if they don't protect their IP, it can easily be snitched off within a few years - they were fully and legally allowed to do so.

But then again... Fuck EA for doing this. This is why I don't touch any new product with their logo.

Last edited:

Benjideaula

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
>completely abandon game
>shut down servers
>leave no way for people to buy the game and play again
>fans decide to revive themselves without making any money from it.
>send C&D for their blatant and obvious copyright infringement.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg