bike thread

frentium

radiation is just spicy air
Nebulae
post your stories below or pics of a bike you've owned :)

I've owned a few bikes in my life so far, earned many scars from my own stupidity. Made many mistakes and such. But this bike I had for a good 2 years, by far for a 125cc Scooter, I have to personally say it's been extremely reliable in regard to myself not even reliable to it.

69c1c7d289c74c8f520e8e8ddbe9a136.png

This photo, taken the same day I bought the bike (April 20th. 2017). I bought it brand new for £2000, and had it legally for £2200 to get the plate sorted for it. The bike was a SYM JET 4, 125cc from the Euro 4 regulations

Now, a small rant about the stupidity of the Euro 4 regulations at the time;
Euro 4 was okay, for the most part of having the bike being fuel injected. However, there was a huge flaw with the regulations (I believe there still is) in that they implemented a link braking system. Which at the time I couldn't find a viable solution to disabling it. The point behind the linked brakes; when you apply the left (rear) break, the front one is also engaged at a much slower rate. (This being a r:60 / f:40 ratio) Meaning that it was an awful decision to when you had to hard brake. As the front brake, with it being a disk brake, applied itself much quicker than the rear. Do you see where this is going?

Now, I've been in a lot of motorcycle incidents in my lifetime already. But I want to share with you all the progress of this certain bike, as it had been a fun ride for myself.

c938d9aaa6ce07081cbd340d1a58faac.png

I had become confident riding a twist and go, although I've ridden geared before, I needed something fuel efficient for general town riding and being with friends most of the time. Thus being on McDonalds wage it doesn't actually pay much towards a better bike, so a 125cc was the best option for me.

I decided to add a few stickers and such to make it more individual, stood out from some others. Albeit it's rather wacky and sometimes an awful idea. I went ahead with it.

Keep in mind, the pictured above is after a first crash, nothing really major apart from new forks and myself in crutches for a week was the result of slipping on oil at 1 AM.

That is before, it got robbed from right under my nose. I had turned my back for a solid 10 minutes on leaving it in the garden for it to be stolen.

63cc21ca9aacd3338d7558dcef78a1db.png

Luckily though, they didn't get far with it. I had found it on the next street, pictured above in that condition except the dashboard and all the electrics were currently on. I was absolutely mortified that it had happened. It was obvious that they had snapped the steering lock, jammed a screwdriver into the ignition and smashed the front plate to gain access to the wiring.

Little did they know that my bike had an immobiliser built into the seat, factory fitted on all standard JET 4's at the time. I was relieved in that respect.

So, a few weeks pass by on trying to search for a new ignition and front panel. Myself and my mate were searching all over West Yorkshire to find someone with the parts i needed for a full repair.

W8BSeqr.jpg

We had come across some seller, which took us an hour to get there in his shitty corsa. Later fitted a red panel to the bike. For a moment it was fresh. Until I came across someone spraying a swastika on the front panel of the bike in white spray paint.

At the time my sisters were working on something with pink spraypaint, so to remove the swastika on the bike, I borrowed some of that to temporarily colour it in.

WZhsEkT.jpg

It worked for the most part, other than being matte.

And about a few weeks later, I managed to get some black spray paint to cover over the pink.

This is by far my last and best remaining image of the bike. Along with my current helmet which I love.

1df7407cc967c59762a30e9a601c6188.png

To me, it looked rather stealthy and I quite liked it. I used to spend countless hours driving round pointlessly with mates and pulling wheelies and such. As a stupid and irresponsible cunt usually does.

Shortly lived though. I had crashed one last time on my way to work. Someone in a Hyundai I35 had hard braked in front of me. And as stated before, due to the brakes I flipped the bike, smashing my entire body into the car infront.

I had recovered from the injuries, as they were only minor at that point. And I took a few photos of the bike, and thought to myself if I could get it back on the road.

5xgHRXX.jpg

Point is, do not give up riding a motorcycle if you crash. You will never get on one ever again.

So I looked at the damage, being the front panel is gone again and the forks were mashed up.

At this point I was getting no hours in at work, nor was I in possession of a lot of money at the time. So as a temporary solution I did this.

iErhl9H.jpg

Yes, the left indicator became my headlight for a bit, it worked, but of course it wasn't legal at all. So I rarely used it.

I got a call, later that day that the insurance is taking the bike as it's a cat b write off.

c0VKjGC.jpg

A few days later, it goes to be scrapped..

I truly miss that bike, the only unreliable thing about it was it was myself riding it. I've only recently found out I'm short sighted, which could be the reason of the few crashes.

1f6360750b91bcfcf1ebe9a1fcf07543.png

Oh look, a me on a bike.

Reactions: List

aeromantis

senior trash
Nebulae
bikes!!!!
my first bike was a 50cc scooter... I didn't like it, and as a consequence i don't really have many pics of it.

although when i moved onto my Honda CBF 125, thats when i fell in love.
Screenshot-4.png

me and my mates would ride everyone was a 3, the white one was my one.

Screenshot-5.png

preparing to go out for a night ride

Screenshot-6.png

me on it

then I decided to get a full license, and got myself this puppy
IMG-20190419-123529.jpg

looks beautiful, rides beautiful, sounds beautiful.
this is the bike that made me TRULY fall in love with bikes, since the whole experience is just completely different from a 125cc, even though its only a 250cc.

mate said 'do a cool pose'
so i tried
Screenshot-7.png

bikes are cool, kids.
but be careful if you get one, death is 1 retarded driver away.
ride as if you're invisible.

Screenshot-8.png

Last edited:

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
post your stories below or pics of a bike you've owned :grinning:

I've owned a few bikes in my life so far, earned many scars from my own stupidity. Made many mistakes and such. But this bike I had for a good 2 years, by far for a 125cc Scooter, I have to personally say it's been extremely reliable in regard to myself not even reliable to it.

69c1c7d289c74c8f520e8e8ddbe9a136.png

This photo, taken the same day I bought the bike (April 20th. 2017). I bought it brand new for £2000, and had it legally for £2200 to get the plate sorted for it. The bike was a SYM JET 4, 125cc from the Euro 4 regulations

Now, a small rant about the stupidity of the Euro 4 regulations at the time;
Euro 4 was okay, for the most part of having the bike being fuel injected. However, there was a huge flaw with the regulations (I believe there still is) in that they implemented a link braking system. Which at the time I couldn't find a viable solution to disabling it. The point behind the linked brakes; when you apply the left (rear) break, the front one is also engaged at a much slower rate. (This being a r:60 / f:40 ratio) Meaning that it was an awful decision to when you had to hard brake. As the front brake, with it being a disk brake, applied itself much quicker than the rear. Do you see where this is going?

Now, I've been in a lot of motorcycle incidents in my lifetime already. But I want to share with you all the progress of this certain bike, as it had been a fun ride for myself.

c938d9aaa6ce07081cbd340d1a58faac.png

I had become confident riding a twist and go, although I've ridden geared before, I needed something fuel efficient for general town riding and being with friends most of the time. Thus being on McDonalds wage it doesn't actually pay much towards a better bike, so a 125cc was the best option for me.

I decided to add a few stickers and such to make it more individual, stood out from some others. Albeit it's rather wacky and sometimes an awful idea. I went ahead with it.

Keep in mind, the pictured above is after a first crash, nothing really major apart from new forks and myself in crutches for a week was the result of slipping on oil at 1 AM.

That is before, it got robbed from right under my nose. I had turned my back for a solid 10 minutes on leaving it in the garden for it to be stolen.

63cc21ca9aacd3338d7558dcef78a1db.png

Luckily though, they didn't get far with it. I had found it on the next street, pictured above in that condition except the dashboard and all the electrics were currently on. I was absolutely mortified that it had happened. It was obvious that they had snapped the steering lock, jammed a screwdriver into the ignition and smashed the front plate to gain access to the wiring.

Little did they know that my bike had an immobiliser built into the seat, factory fitted on all standard JET 4's at the time. I was relieved in that respect.

So, a few weeks pass by on trying to search for a new ignition and front panel. Myself and my mate were searching all over West Yorkshire to find someone with the parts i needed for a full repair.

W8BSeqr.jpg

We had come across some seller, which took us an hour to get there in his shitty corsa. Later fitted a red panel to the bike. For a moment it was fresh. Until I came across someone spraying a swastika on the front panel of the bike in white spray paint.

At the time my sisters were working on something with pink spraypaint, so to remove the swastika on the bike, I borrowed some of that to temporarily colour it in.

WZhsEkT.jpg

It worked for the most part, other than being matte.

And about a few weeks later, I managed to get some black spray paint to cover over the pink.

This is by far my last and best remaining image of the bike. Along with my current helmet which I love.

1df7407cc967c59762a30e9a601c6188.png

To me, it looked rather stealthy and I quite liked it. I used to spend countless hours driving round pointlessly with mates and pulling wheelies and such. As a stupid and irresponsible cunt usually does.

Shortly lived though. I had crashed one last time on my way to work. Someone in a Hyundai I35 had hard braked in front of me. And as stated before, due to the brakes I flipped the bike, smashing my entire body into the car infront.

I had recovered from the injuries, as they were only minor at that point. And I took a few photos of the bike, and thought to myself if I could get it back on the road.

5xgHRXX.jpg

Point is, do not give up riding a motorcycle if you crash. You will never get on one ever again.

So I looked at the damage, being the front panel is gone again and the forks were mashed up.

At this point I was getting no hours in at work, nor was I in possession of a lot of money at the time. So as a temporary solution I did this.

iErhl9H.jpg

Yes, the left indicator became my headlight for a bit, it worked, but of course it wasn't legal at all. So I rarely used it.

I got a call, later that day that the insurance is taking the bike as it's a cat b write off.

c0VKjGC.jpg

A few days later, it goes to be scrapped..

I truly miss that bike, the only unreliable thing about it was it was myself riding it. I've only recently found out I'm short sighted, which could be the reason of the few crashes.

1f6360750b91bcfcf1ebe9a1fcf07543.png

Oh look, a me on a bike.
thats a scooter tho my dude

aeromantis

senior trash
Nebulae
I've riden a ninja 250 before man

They're fucking sick bikes

I've also wanted a grom (msx) before now, they look really fun to drive
they really are..
although the grom isnt for me since it makes me feel like a fucking 9 foot tall giant.
its so small and nimble that when i rode my friend's, the pressure that i used to shift gears wobbled the bike.
you gotta be tyler1 levels of manlet to be able to comfortably ride one of those

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
Ain't fussed about cost was thinking of a roof boxer or an atlas 3 but I want something with a cool design rlly
Want me to be honest?

I really don't like Ruroc helmets and if it were up to me I'd stop them from making them. Incredibly overpriced for what they are. They dished a load out for free to a lot of motorbike influencers and content creators like RoyalJordanian and MotoBob and the like as well as spending a load on marketing to get people to buy their lids. They apparently did and still do suffer from shoddy build quality, cheap materials and absolutely horrendous wind noise. Not to mention the shipping times are literally months. There's a Facebook group about crappy Ruroc stories of helmets turning up with pads missing, visors coming off as people go along, and people who preordered the Atlas 3 getting their helmets after people who bought on release. And to top it all off? It only gets marked with a DOT sticker, no Gold Standard British Motorsport sticker which for me is a minimum when it comes to lids. Yes they look cool and yes all the young people have them. But would I trust a lid with the lowest standard of testing to stop my brains turning into pigeon feed on the pavement? Absolutely not.

If you want my honest opinion I'd go for a helmet brand that one of the GP riders use; Shoei, AGV, Arai, Nolan. Whilst they may be a little more pricey, if Marc Marquez can come off at Silverstone last week going 170mph and live to tell the tale, then I trust them. The anime helmet that saved me when I had my crash was the Shoei NXR which is incredibly popular with riders, labelled as one of the best all around lid for both sports and everyday use. If you go to "sportsbikeshop" you'll find the NXR about 50 quid cheaper than most the Ruroc Atlas helmets, with better safety rating and plenty of cool designs to choose from. Hell, there's even one of the X-Spirit III helmets which is the EXACT same one Marquez uses for his races that's only 50 quid more than the most expensive Ruroc.

Another few recommendations are the AGV K6, X-Lite 803 Ultra Carbon, Arai Chaser X, Arai Profile V, or the HJC R-PHA 11. There's are all relatively similar price to your Ruroc with much more trustworthy R&D and proven safety.

aeromantis

senior trash
Nebulae
Want me to be honest?

I really don't like Ruroc helmets and if it were up to me I'd stop them from making them. Incredibly overpriced for what they are. They dished a load out for free to a lot of motorbike influencers and content creators like RoyalJordanian and MotoBob and the like as well as spending a load on marketing to get people to buy their lids. They apparently did and still do suffer from shoddy build quality, cheap materials and absolutely horrendous wind noise. Not to mention the shipping times are literally months. There's a Facebook group about crappy Ruroc stories of helmets turning up with pads missing, visors coming off as people go along, and people who preordered the Atlas 3 getting their helmets after people who bought on release. And to top it all off? It only gets marked with a DOT sticker, no Gold Standard British Motorsport sticker which for me is a minimum when it comes to lids. Yes they look cool and yes all the young people have them. But would I trust a lid with the lowest standard of testing to stop my brains turning into pigeon feed on the pavement? Absolutely not.

If you want my honest opinion I'd go for a helmet brand that one of the GP riders use; Shoei, AGV, Arai, Nolan. Whilst they may be a little more pricey, if Marc Marquez can come off at Silverstone last week going 170mph and live to tell the tale, then I trust them. The anime helmet that saved me when I had my crash was the Shoei NXR which is incredibly popular with riders, labelled as one of the best all around lid for both sports and everyday use. If you go to "sportsbikeshop" you'll find the NXR about 50 quid cheaper than most the Ruroc Atlas helmets, with better safety rating and plenty of cool designs to choose from. Hell, there's even one of the X-Spirit III helmets which is the EXACT same one Marquez uses for his races that's only 50 quid more than the most expensive Ruroc.

Another few recommendations are the AGV K6, X-Lite 803 Ultra Carbon, Arai Chaser X, Arai Profile V, or the HJC R-PHA 11. There's are all relatively similar price to your Ruroc with much more trustworthy R&D and proven safety.

agree. ruroc are a load of shit, my friend preordered one. was hyped, and i was hyped cause it looked amazing. it came, and he said it felt like a £50 lid. meanwhile i spent the same price for my RPHA-11, and that shit feels premium.

they've got 100 people in their art department
and 2 dudes high on meth tryign to assemble the helmets themselves.

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
agree. ruroc are a load of shit, my friend preordered one. was hyped, and i was hyped cause it looked amazing. it came, and he said it felt like a £50 lid. meanwhile i spent the same price for my RPHA-11, and that shit feels premium.

they've got 100 people in their art department
and 2 dudes high on meth tryign to assemble the helmets themselves.
Yeah exactly this

Put it like this. Do your DAS, you won't see an instructor, let alone an examiner, wearing one and it's for a good reason
[doublepost=1630765968][/doublepost]In other news I passed my test now so it's a full license for me, just gotta decide what bike to actually get next

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
test rode this today, almost had my arms come out their sockets multiple times from the torque
also don't think i'll ever ride a bike without a quickshifter again, that shit is ludicrously good
think i might've found the one boys
6P3wxXR.jpg

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
test rode this today, almost had my arms come out their sockets multiple times from the torque
also don't think i'll ever ride a bike without a quickshifter again, that shit is ludicrously good
think i might've found the one boys
6P3wxXR.jpg
KTMs are really good and really sexy

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
Have you seen Rossi’s lid for Misano this year, I think a cheeky replica purchase is warranted if they do one
3eviHIZ.jpg

e3SHb0f.jpg

segHaP9.jpg

nAh0g1X.jpg