Biography Pictures. A question

Zuperned

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
What I mostly notice in RP bio's that people use pictures of famous or popular people in real life and rarely art.
As its kinda a weird idea supermodels and actor etc, walking around if you know the bio's of some you randomly come across or think about it. so what is the appeal of it? is it not kinda unrealistic if you see alot roleplay character's with these appearances and looks? I see rarely people using art or I am not just paying attention but uhh.. let's speculate why this is? and why is not seen as out of bounds?​

Reactions: List

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
The pictures don't exactly display how the character looks like, it's to base it to what we want the character to look like, it's not one to one similar.

Except big tittied fem chars

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
If there's anything I've learned over the decade I've RP'd is that people don't want to RP the ordinary, the average or the norm. Most players want to play as an attractive character. The same reason that you've got a lot of good-looking actors in main roles in the movies or you have good looking protagonists in games.

I'd avoid using super-famous people, pop-stars, rock stars, etc. I think, generally speaking, the custom on the server is to use photo-realistic pictures of people, rather than drawings (Although there's no rule about it)
Also, if you're fine with being a bit of a creep: you can always just surf facebook and grab a random pic if you want 'average'.

Last edited:

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Because it's easier to just find an actor/actress and use them as the basis rather than surfing facebook or whatever to grab someone random.

PrincessKatey

Nucleus
Nebulae
What I do and I assume most people do is type in some details into google for example blonde Korean woman or something and just look till they find something that looks roughly like how they imagine their character looks

D

Deleted member 930

Because it's easier to just find an actor/actress and use them as the basis rather than surfing facebook or whatever to grab someone random.
If I see a actor on TV then I might go through my Head to use the Face as a Ref Pic. I don't really surf on Social Media and pick some person as ref pic doesn't give me a comfortable feeling