Black boxes over text!

Mullin

Proton
Nebulae
Right, so earlier today. I tried to connect to the server and was experiencing this problem where I have all the content and everything but cannot seem to see a thing! Everything is black and the text just pops up in black boxes! However, I managed to fix this a bit. The only problem I have now is that all the text is just covered in black boxes and I cannot read it! Someone help me, what do I do?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Right, so earlier today. I tried to connect to the server and was experiencing this problem where I have all the content and everything but cannot seem to see a thing! Everything is black and the text just pops up in black boxes! However, I managed to fix this a bit. The only problem I have now is that all the text is just covered in black boxes and I cannot read it! Someone help me, what do I do?
Could you get a screenshot of it?

Mullin

Proton
Nebulae
Could you get a screenshot of it?

uspZ4Fs.png

[doublepost=1482177485][/doublepost]@Blackquill This is most probably the easiest one to see!

http://i.imgur.com/b0DHezE.png

Last edited:

Mullin

Proton
Nebulae
Can you explain how you fixed it, so others who may share the problem in the future have a solution?

Certainly!
  1. Quit Garry's Mod and go to Garry's Mod in the steam library.
  2. Right click it and click properties
  3. Go to the Local Files section and click Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
  4. After that is done, close it and go back onto Garry's Mod
  5. Make sure all your games are ticked.
  6. Go to settings inside GMod and go to multiplayer where you'll find the drop down tab, click it and click 'Allow all custom files!'
  7. If this is already ticked, click on another one and quit GMod, come back on and click on 'Allow all custom files!'
  8. MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS CLICK APPLY FOR 6 - 7

Reactions: List