Blackscreen when launching HL2RP server.

Mangiyko

Vortigaunt Faction Lead.
Nebulae
Pretty straight forward. I'll sit through until the 'Please wait while Clockwork initializes' comes up, at which point the message freezes there and I can move my cursor around. After alt-tabbing and returning, it is now all black. All keys work as they should and the hover sounds play when I hover over where the options typically are.

Anyone else experienced this?

I have tried exiting steam and shutting down my computer already. Neither have worked.

EDIT: Tried re-downloading Garry's Mod. Still nothing.

Last edited:

heaveN

bomber rat
Nebulae
If you are having a black screen on connection to the HL2RP server, usually this is down to either bad internet connection, a slow computer speed or your Garry's Mod files are in need of verifying. Here are some ways to solve this annoying issue:

• Verify your game integrity - Garry's Mod > Properites > Local Files > Verify Game Intergrity
  • Changing the Dxlevel of the game - Garry's Mod > Properties > launch options > -dxlevel 90
  • Checking your internet connection, perhaps try Ethernet connection
  • Cleaning out old addons, these can clog your Gmod

Reactions: List

Mangiyko

Vortigaunt Faction Lead.
Nebulae
Ye, I ended up fixing it. PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE UPDATED. I did the following:
  • Deleted local files for Garry's Mod.
  • Unsubscribed from all addons.
  • Deleted addons folder
  • Redownloaded Garry's Mod/addons
  • Verified the game integrity.

heaveN

bomber rat
Nebulae
Do a speedtest and show us how fast is your internet.

Mangiyko

Vortigaunt Faction Lead.
Nebulae
also, try changing the -dxlevel to 95

Iamnotcomputersavvypleasespeakenglish

The problem has come up again for whatever reason. Connecting works fine until 'Please wait while Clockwork initializes' shows up. Then my cursors pops up, and the screen freezes there as the normal menu pops up behind the frozen notice. After minimizing and bringing the window back up, it's just black.

Google isn't helping me either SOBBING

Do a speedtest and show us how fast is your internet.

No need. My internet connection is garbage, but that's not relevant. It's always been garbage and this is a new issue.

Last edited:

Mangiyko

Vortigaunt Faction Lead.
Nebulae
Ye, this is still a thing. Keeps coming up periodically.

Mangiyko

Vortigaunt Faction Lead.
Nebulae
This is still happening and with a lot more frequency than before. I have only succeeded in getting in-game for ten minutes in the past day.

I've tried everything listed above along with windowing my Garry's Mod, which is why it worked for a bit. I tried to change the resolution so that it was a full-screen window, only for it to crash. Now it's continuing to freeze when I connect to the server. I have no idea what to do and Google is not helping me.

Also, I've deleted everything and reinstalled the game and only HL2RP workshop files a total of six times now.

Ronald

Apple Man
Nebulae
Try setting your launch options to:
-windowed -noborder

To set launch options right click on the game on steam, then click properties then click 'set launch options'.

Can you still hear things? Have you tried joining another server?