Book Recommendation

• Thread starter Deleted member 4795
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4795

If any of you guys are into reading and are looking for a good book then allow me to make a recommendation.

A Mother's Reckoning: Living in the Aftermath of Tragedy

41WcrUklypL.jpg

Background

I'm a big fan of the study of criminal justice, it's what I'm in college right now for. And this book caught my attention when I heard it being talked about on T.V. It's written by Sue Klebold, the mother of one of the Columbine shooters (Dyaln Klebold). It talks about many things, like before, during, and after the shooting what was going on in her mind and her life at that time. It also talks about his childhood and lots of other aspects of parenting and life that many people seem to over look. Very sad and emotional but a great read if you are at all fascinated by psychology or criminal justice. Or even if you just feel like hearing someones deep and emotional story.

Rating

9/10. The way that this book made me feel is really beyond words. I had about as much knowledge as everyone else when it came to Columbine before going into this book but as you read, you feel as if you are right there with this poor woman as she goes through the worst part of her life. Give it a read if you can.​

Reactions: List

Stanford

Neutrino
Nebulae
I recommend "The Art of War". It's a really good book for people planning to go into a leadership position in the military, or people trying to make their way up in the world.

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
is the art of war actually good? i've heard from many places that it's overpraised and uninsightful shit that people love to drone on about

i also hear a book called 'on the beach' by nevil shute is very good - basically, after nuclear bombs have devastated the northern hemisphere, it follows civilian and navy characters in the time days counting down before nuclear fallout inevitably kills them all

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Art of War is good, but it's no Machiavelli's The Prince.

I'd recommend 12 Rules for Life, an Antidote to Chaos.
I've been eating better, taking my adderall consistently, working out more (up from not working out in 3 years) and I'm an all around more family-oriented and sociable person. There's actually a lot of things that I've done listening to the books advice that has me enjoying life more. I also feel as if I've got more meaning in life.

There's a few more books, but they're rather niche to capitalists and individuals and libertarians, none of which describe Europeans well as of today, so I won't post them.

i also hear a book called 'on the beach' by nevil shute is very good - basically, after nuclear bombs have devastated the northern hemisphere, it follows civilian and navy characters in the time days counting down before nuclear fallout inevitably kills them all
Sounds awful and I can't really see what plot it would really take on.

zho

Quark
Nebulae
51zJS6PmxbL.jpg

One of the first books I started reading, incredibly fun to read if you're interested about human evolution.
415459.jpg

Very horrificly fun book to read, story about the last five humans being tortured by an advanced AI called AM. You can get the audio-book on youtube for free and it is only 40:10 long.
A_Canticle_for_Leibowitz_cover_1st_ed.jpg

I've yet to actually read this one but in short it is about the post-apocalypse where a man reserves many books, including the bible that he doesn't want to share with the rest of humanity until they are ready. I think it is set many, many years after and so a lot of these books would never of been known to the new occupants of Earth.

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
220px-Ten_Days_That_Shook_The_World_Cover.jpg

An excellent and classic eye witness account of the October Revolution by the journalist John Reed. It provides a lot of background from the July Days to Bolshevik coup d'etat and the aftermath, and it greatly conveys the atmosphere of 1917 Petrograd. A funny detail is that Stalin is only mentioned twice as an almost insignificant Minister of Nationalities.

Astr0

gamers rise up
Nebulae
book geeks rise up
0c54480cba9b8c4513f5734e94686c2e.png

The Hunger Games, the original book that created the movie, awesome book.
f4eb23e66320b59dd135a99b9ae816f2.jpg

9cfd8062d41e0e300c66c4c134da9808.png

The entire Percy Jackson trilogy, including the second series, Heroes of Olympus
have all of these books in my home, great books.

Percy Jackson is a slight fiction book since its related to the gods of Greece and demigods etc.

Enjoy!

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
book geeks rise up

The entire Percy Jackson trilogy, including the second series, Heroes of Olympus

Percy Jackson is a slight fiction book since its related to the gods of Greece and demigods etc.

Enjoy!
percy jackson
bro its been a while since I read that shit
oof, nostalgia

I recommend a book called Grasshopper Jungle, its being made into a movie by Edgar Wright because he thought it was cool so thats gotta count for something although some people like the writing style and some people hate it. Imo I thought it was pretty cool
Also if you haven't at least tried to read the Necromancer yet, fuckin do it.

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
smh George Orwell wrote other books than 1984 and Animal Farm you know?
For instance:
220px-Homage_to_Catalonia%2C_Cover%2C_1st_Edition.jpg

book geeks rise up

Enjoy!
I always found young adult fiction unpleasant and unlikable for some reason.

Astr0

gamers rise up
Nebulae
smh George Orwell wrote other books than 1984 and Animal Farm you know?
For instance:
220px-Homage_to_Catalonia%2C_Cover%2C_1st_Edition.jpg

I always found young adult fiction unpleasant and unlikable for some reason.
I mean anyone and his taste.