C16 is hosting a new server...

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
you clearly haven't been on C16 for very long if you think pistol P, outro, kief and zig are the only mods C16 has ever had.

never said they were the 'only' members of the staff team, just that they had respect and were unceremoniously pushed aside or left after things went to shit

i'm editing a version of city18

16 was a typo

it's clearly city18 because the previous geometry is the exact same

and you clearly didn't even view the rest of the thread where I put in the tunnels that make the map loop, the work factory, took out the catwalks, added an APC garage and CWU store and cleaned up the subway station.

all the while ignoring the real issue the map has - segregation.

let's go over the current changes:
  • cleaning up the subway means jack because with no props it's suddenly bland + there's now no places to hide, having a second trainstation means little in the first place, unless you removed the original one and transferred the spawn over for some bizarre reason.
  • taking out the catwalks ensures there's no places to guard against some mob/deathsquad rushing the plaza and enacting a bob good video. there's no place to watch scenarios from or send rapid response units from the hardpoints near the bridges, nor to access the plaza rooftops.
  • APC garage - good idea, actually.
  • CWU store: they already have two ingrained locations, what's the reason that the third exists
  • work factory - see APC garage, assuming it has a modest amount of room and detail
these, to be brutally honest, are all bare-boned attempts to fix problems that don't exist while ignoring the real problems
  • the map, even with the tunnel, can be looped by anyone with decent stamina and run rings around CivPro/any pursuers provided they know which side the others are coming from
  • whether or not the infamous 'berlin wall' section is still near the cinema, the clear divide between the districts stretches any form of RP out while the map itself is far too small to effectively manage dissent (leading to fakelands-tier situations because certain people insist on walking around with uniforms and combat shotguns in plain sight)
  • with little places to knuckle down and hide, half of 'rebel roleplay' consists of playing 'hunt the container' and ensuring cops don't find your stash (i.e SCG with 90 containers hidden everywhere in the slums)
  • segregation between the 'rebel area' and 'regular areas' is compounded by the fact that: a) there's no clearly-defined area for leaving public shitshows which b) encourages people to fortify apartments/other hovels and turn the surrounding place into ERP/Fortress dens that turn into propbuilt messes
  • map retains a layout with little cluster or effective organization of the populace beyond "find a room or hide in the one bar"
but sure, we're just making an ERP map so we can all go on there and ERP.

one mention of a commonly-used problem with 'faction quarters' = entire point?

don't need to project there, sixx.

sky

Loremaster
Nebulae
I had no idea about this, if you'd like I will remove the thread - I'm really sorry!
it's up to you man, i don't care all too much -- only thing that bothered me was that it was almost a direct copy as seen from the docs provided

modify/transform/do whatever with it at your leisure, i just would like it to have some originality