Childhood games

Snivy

Quark
Nebulae
What were the first video games you've played? the ones that made you the gamer dude you are today?

My favorites had to be Ratchet and Clank, Spyro, Crash Banditcoot, kingdom hearts, and Ty the Tasmanian tiger

I could go on for hours about how I played the living hell out of those games hell I have around 20 completed save files of Kingdom hearts 2 on my PS2 memory card right now from me playing it so many times

Reactions: List

Pointman

Neutrino
Nebulae
I remember playing some games on our families' Playstation One back in the day. Most notably Crash Bash with neighbours. I think I even played a bit of Carmageddon, no clue who got that game for us.

What really got me into gaming, or rather, who, was probably my late grandmother. I used to go over to her house and see her play The Sims 1 everyday, it really intrigued me with the amount of shit you could do in that game. A year later she bought The Sims 2 and I was blown away.

My sister, in the time that had passed, had bought a Playstation 2. I got a copy of The Sims 1 on Playstation 2, and played it to shit. Later came Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, I still have the save slots from it.

Eventually we bought a home computer and I hijacked it to play The Sims 2. By 2007, when they stopped development, we had bought every expansion and stuff pack, lodesmone.

So yeah. The games that shaped my childhood and eventually lead me to become the shit sitting at the computer all day I am now, was probably The Sims and GTA:SA.

Also have played a little Kingdom Hearts as well myself, though that was more my sister's thing than anything else. Still plays them to this day when she isn't playing Overwatch or Persona 5.

Snivy

Quark
Nebulae
I remember playing some games on our families' Playstation One back in the day. Most notably Crash Bash with neighbours. I think I even played a bit of Carmageddon, no clue who got that game for us.

What really got me into gaming, or rather, who, was probably my late grandmother. I used to go over to her house and see her play The Sims 1 everyday, it really intrigued me with the amount of shit you could do in that game. A year later she bought The Sims 2 and I was blown away.

My sister, in the time that had passed, had bought a Playstation 2. I got a copy of The Sims 1 on Playstation 2, and played it to shit. Later came Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, I still have the save slots from it.

Eventually we bought a home computer and I hijacked it to play The Sims 2. By 2007, when they stopped development, we had bought every expansion and stuff pack, lodesmone.

So yeah. The games that shaped my childhood and eventually lead me to become the shit sitting at the computer all day I am now, was probably The Sims and GTA:SA.

Also have played a little Kingdom Hearts as well myself, though that was more my sister's thing than anything else. Still plays them to this day when she isn't playing Overwatch or Persona 5.
I absolutely loved the sims, me my brother and my sister had a blast with it, and while I probably shouldn't have, I played San Andreas when I was around 8 or 9 I think but oddly enough I never liked to do bad things, I just explored and screwed with the cheats

As for kingdom hearts that was basically all me and my brother played for a good year straight until he lent it to a friend who's little brother broke it

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
The first time I got into gaming was probably on my brother's N64, like SSB or SM64.
Ofc i didnt see myself as a gamer until the 2010s.

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
You say that until your favorite games are suddenly released on new consoles with amazing graphics

Graphics don't make a good game but they can make a good game better
When it comes to good games on a console I never count remakes/remasters because that would be unfair.

Snivy

Quark
Nebulae
When it comes to good games on a console I never count remakes/remasters because that would be unfair.
But you still can't deny that it's great to see your favorite games from when you were young to make a change for the better like this

15754937983_933354892e.jpg

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
Warcraft 3 LAN parties were the shit when I was like, 10.

Badis

Neutrino
Nebulae
My favs were Heart of darkness, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot. Then on Ps2 my favs were shadow of colossus & Ico

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
warcraft 2
Reminds me of a story my cousin once told me when they were going to have a WC2 LAN party, but he was just a child and couldnt use a car, so he had to attach his computer and stuff (keep in mind this was the 90s with big, boxy computers) to his bike and went to the LAN party.

Or last year when I had to attach my PC to a baby stroller and walk over to my neighbours for another LAN party.

Infected Sanity

Neutrino
Nebulae
What were the first video games you've played? the ones that made you the gamer dude you are today?

My favorites had to be Ratchet and Clank, Spyro, Crash Banditcoot, kingdom hearts, and Ty the Tasmanian tiger

I could go on for hours about how I played the living hell out of those games hell I have around 20 completed save files of Kingdom hearts 2 on my PS2 memory card right now from me playing it so many times
Tetris, Super Mario World.

Yurivw

Storage Expert
Nebulae
Sheesh, some of these games are proper old.
I never had a console and only played on PC.
Some of my favorite games when I was a little boy were Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator, Battlezone 2, Rage of Mages. So basicly a huge variaty of games.

Crocodoom

Neutrino
Nebulae
Warcraft III, Dawn of War - Strategies were all I knew how to play haha