Information 'Cinematic' Conflict-Style Signups

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
Over the last few days, some internal discussions with people have brought up that the S2K-style player v player conflicts may be growing repetitive.

As a result, we want to trial a new system. Don't worry; S2K-style combat won't be going anywhere for the foreseeable future, but having the option for something different will allow us to break the aforementioned repetitiveness and ensure people aren't losing interest in conflict in general.

The system is a mixture of S2M/situational S2K and involves cops/OTA that are sent in multiple waves, continuously, to simulate a larger force; in essence, 5 cops and 3 OTA could be made to look like 50 cops and 20 OTA, utilising overlapping respawns and teleports back to the fight right after they die. Entity weapons will be used, though a select number of dropped weapons can be spawned after the fight itself.

This thread serves as sign-ups to be apart of this and you will be kept on a separate roster so that you can be called on to participate; you will use your current characters for this, but it's up to you if you want to retain memories of the conflict IC. Please read this thread carefully before you sign up.

NOTE: PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE THE CP WHITELIST CAN SIGN UP TOO.
You'll be given a 'YELLO' tagline cop and cannot flag on it unless told to.
Flagging on without permission will result in removal/potential ban.

Let's break down the elements of it briefly;

S2M/situational S2K
Rather than the S2K tactics we're all used to, the combine advancements will be tailored to be more 'cinematic' and truer to their nature; brute-force DOESN'T mean rushing. It means gradual pushes by an armada, brute-forcing their way towards their enemy. A variety of different tactics will be used; typically, the event runner themselves will call for different tactics to be used - they may call for retreats, advances, holding the line and other tactics to be used at their leisure. You essentially act as their chess-pieces during this conflict.

During this, you will be S2M'ing. You're encouraged to spray around, not directly at, enemies; periodically landing a shot or two for the sake of scaring them. However, that being said; if rebel players don't use cover, or rush you, you are clear to S2K them as normal. If rebels do this en-masse, other means will be used to deter them.

Entity weapons, overlapping respawns & teleports

Entity weapons will be given out to 'event' cops/OTA. This will be done at first, and every time you die. When you die - assuming we're doing multiple waves and not just one - you will be teleported near the fight, spawned an entity weapon and lots of ammo, and then sent back in. This will be done quickly, as to keep the flow and feeling of there being a lot of you; as said, 5 cops and 3 OTA can be made to feel like an armada by doing this.

'Cinematic' combat & the intention in general

Generally speaking, the purpose of this will be to allow staff to have more control over a conflict and make it more 'cinematic' rather than just a shooting match. It can be more controlled from the staff POV, it can (maybe!) be used to peddle the main story as opposed to S2K-style combat, and it can be used to more accurately depict the Combine's true methods of war.

In essence; yes, you will be tools at the disposal of event runners to provide enjoyment for the resistance/refugee side. We understand that isn't for everybody. That's why we're keeping a separate roster so we know who's willing and who isn't. As said, you can use your current cop/OTA character, you'll just have to abide by the guidelines set here.

If you're interested in signing up for this trial, please fill this out and comment with it below;

Have you read and understood how the system will work?:
Tagline (if already whitelisted):
Are you willing to be contacted over steam/discord and asked to get on for fights if you aren't already on?:

Please feel free to ask any questions you'd like; either @Numbers or @Subeh will reply to you.

Rod

remove bias
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Have you read and understood how the system will work?: I have.
Tagline (if already whitelisted): KING-7
Are you willing to be contacted over steam/discord and asked to get on for fights if you aren't already on?:
Yeah

Reactions: List

Brandon_

Now in a relationship with Sectus
Nebulae
Have you read and understood how the system will work?: Yeah
Tagline (if already whitelisted): Hunter-5
Are you willing to be contacted over steam/discord and asked to get on for fights if you aren't already on?: Yeah

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
yeah i s2m when asked and s2k when im asked

king-6

yes daddy

Spine

All toasters toast toast.
Nebulae
Have you read and understood how the system will work?: Yes
Tagline (if already whitelisted): VICTOR-5 / SWORD-3
Yes

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
Have you read and understood how the system will work?: yes
Tagline (if already whitelisted): defender-0 / dagger-2 / reaper-0
Are you willing to be contacted over steam/discord and asked to get on for fights if you aren't already on?: yes

Last edited:

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Have you read and understood how the system will work?: Yep
Tagline (if already whitelisted): UNION-4 / SWORD-0 / REAPER-4
No don't you fucking dare

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
So the rebels can still go ahead and S2K the cops who're S2Ming, right?

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Have you read and understood how the system will work?: Yes (and I think)
Tagline (if already whitelisted): VICTOR-9 + SWORD-1
Yep

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
So the rebels can still go ahead and S2K the cops who're S2Ming, right?
Yeah, the rebels will act as normal; provided they understand that if they try to rush, or don't use logical cover/decent tactics, the cops/OTA WILL resort to S2K and that's not advisable given some of them might have higher health/armor for the purpose of the S2M.

The purpose behind this is to provide a cinematic and semi-realistic experience for people (cinematic over realistic, but still), if I'm running one of these events and I see rebels rushing and being idiots, they will regret it. Unless, of course, rushing is applicable in the situation; that's something that would be specifically outlined.

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
Have you read and understood how the system will work?: Yes.
Tagline (if already whitelisted): UNION-3
Yes.

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
On behalf of Rob:

Have you read and understood how the system will work?: Yep
Tagline (if already whitelisted): UNION-6
Are you willing to be contacted over steam/discord and asked to get on for fights if you aren't already on?: Yes.

Tyrone

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Have you read and understood how the system will work?: Yeeees
Tagline (if already whitelisted): KING-2
Are you willing to be contacted over steam/discord and asked to get on for fights if you aren't already on?: Yeah.. I'm lonely anyway feel free to hit me up.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Yes.

VICE-0.

Prefer steam.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
For the record; the roster you'll all be added to won't be public, it's not really necessary. It'll just be an internal document kept by staff.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Tagline (if already whitelisted): Jury-8
Are you willing to be contacted over steam/discord and asked to get on for fights if you aren't already on?: Of course

Nebulae
Tagline (if already whitelisted): Judge-2 (CP) Dagger-4 (OTA)
Yes

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Have you read and understood how the system will work?: Sounds cool
Tagline (if already whitelisted): JUDGE-4
Are you willing to be contacted over steam/discord and asked to get on for fights if you aren't already on ?: Yeah

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae

Indeed, it means to make suppressing fire until I die, unless I am told not to die just yet, which I may die anyway given my... Input delays (I am taking these opportunuties to learn how to make suppressing fire more effective as I experiment, too, but it is important to give cinematic effect first).

VICE-2

Note is that my time-zone (GMT-4) allows you to have a usually ready unit for the GMT zone at nights/late nights, before such times it is more difficult. However, if I can, I will hop on, no problem with being contacted.

Last edited:

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
Have you read and understood how the system will work?: Yeap.
DAGGER-3/REAPER-1
When I can be.