Denied Clockwork is Supreme-er in only 1 thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebulae
Handheld suitcases, rather than (only) imaginary containers inside my belly inventory. (which is too a cool system)

look at this relic,
taken from an ingame image from the ol' nebulous from centuries ago

I'd much rather see bluesuits with suitcases, rather than another freshspawn looking for equippable gun, its really lovelier.
8D2C0A891D3B8075481E28E008FCD111CC9A7CE3

It is 2023, and the future requires equippable DECORATIVE story telling items,
suitcases, maybe even just some props.

Visual telling is lovely, items mean something in this game, and the more INTERACTABLE items, the better.
You can't say that every time you see an ingame item, you don't get a thrill that you see something that is realer than something theoretical.
And potential is limitless with that, you can have so many decorative items that can serve as many other purposes.
Imagine a framework that will categorize inventory items, into ''hand held'' objects, even if the interaction of those items (such as consuming) is only accessible when u drop it or from inventory.
a long stick gets categorized into long object held in two hands, consumables are one handed,
real simple and limitless.
so u hold a long stick, u could perhaps make it a fishing rod, or so.

russians (and some chinese hl2rp servers) in their mad wacky custom modded servers got those things, and even without having to intentionally scan for text or words from people, you can immediatelly see from distance, that they hold an object, that immediatelly attracts attention, rather than a floating can infront of them.

they love making those crazy lill systems that make lill things more interactive, eversince I saw it, I can never think the same of inventory items.
Visualized things tell so much story,
Compare Dwarf Fortress where items are ''inventory imaginary'' and the Character has no visual change when you equip new armor, other than +1 stat on something,
and Rimworld, where you make a fresh piece of armor and it shows a VISUAL difference on character.
just lovely little details

and ingame hands would benefit ofc from equipping not only violent manslaugthering devices that take lives, but also items that give life and tell a story.

a simple suitcase SWEP equippable would be awesome, perhaps additional items as well.
Clockwork had this one important feature that is missing and is a grand storyteller.

i love you as my self

Last edited:

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
If I recall correctly. Alex stated it can only be one or the other? Either carryable cases without inventory space or inventory space without the carryable capability.

Reactions: List

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
If I recall correctly. Alex stated it can only be one or the other? Either carryable cases without inventory space or inventory space without the carryable capability.
If you have a Suitcase in your inventory, just give you the option to 'hold one' in your hand? No need to try and "Equip" or "Use it". Just so long as the Item is in your Inventory you can scroll wheel equip? Idk, I would like to see it again but not if it causes too many issues.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
If you have a Suitcase in your inventory, just give you the option to 'hold one' in your hand? No need to try and "Equip" or "Use it". Just so long as the Item is in your Inventory you can scroll wheel equip? Idk, I would like to see it again but not if it causes too many issues.

Hmmm like the PAC3 stuff? @Gary is this even possible?

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
Hmmm like the PAC3 stuff? @Gary is this even possible?

Was going to screenshot the “don’t ping developer” rule but it seems there is no rule thread, chaos rules this land

Not supported natively with helix, would require a lot of new code to not break when switching weapon, character and such

Having as a weapon would cause issues with animations

Even shit like raising your fists would be something to think about

It would be nice to add support for holding objectives, just has a lot of edge cases and would need to be created for each item individually

Last edited:

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Was going to screenshot the “don’t ping developer” rule but it seems there is no rule thread, chaos rules this land

Not supported natively with helix, would require a lot of new code to not break when switching weapon, character and such

Having as a weapon would cause issues with animations

Even shit like raising your fists would be something to think about

Then sadly impossible @Alexander The Great

Regardless, we don't have many chances to walk around with suitcases in this setting, as it's not CityRP anymore

Nebulae
I really like the idea of suitcases but since this is not city rp i dont see why we need this.
walking animations would be a great thing and i did a suggestion for it while ago but i dont know what happened they didnt give me an exact answer

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
I really like the idea of suitcases but since this is not city rp i dont see why we need this.
walking animations would be a great thing and i did a suggestion for it while ago but i dont know what happened they didnt give me an exact answer

It's something which has been tried & was a bit buggy around the edges, would definitely be something that would be worth looking at if the old work is still in place

But as for holding objects, the time investment is pretty high compared to the pay off - as said before, I'm the only person currently so having to balance work load

Status
Not open for further replies.