Combine Or Resistance?

D

Deleted member 930

On Nebulous.....Combine
On Hl2.......Combine because why not.

Snake-Oil

Neutrino
Nebulae
The only real two choices were submission, or complete destruction. If it weren't for Breen and the other Combine Collaborators, every single human would be Stalkers or OTA fighting aliens in space. But, eventually the Breen-Government has to be usurped and destroyed. The Combine themselves, the Grubs or whoever their masters are, definitely do not just want to help humanity. Breen is only able to stop them from completely harvesting Earth by proposing that it humanity is more useful alive.

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
@TheVingard
4XR85Fs.jpg

Shimax

Bri'ish and proud
Premium Member
Nebulae
Combine took over Earth in seven hours!
During that seven hours, couldn't we of launched a nuke where they originated?
Clearly Combine are smarter.
My argument = Combine

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
My argument = Combine
Earth did send nukes, they must've.

Buuuut I don't think nukes against an extra terrestrial species that enslaved literally planets could be defeated by nukes.

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
My argument = Combine

Nuclear weapons aren't some 'end all' to problems. You can't exactly just fire several warhead-equipped rockets at such a singularity event and 'hope' it collapses under the strain; and from what I understand they came through several portal-storms all over the planet. Can't exactly annihilate all ends and hope to survive; even if it would be possible to do so given the clusterfuck that happened from both a strategic and militaristic standpoint.

Besides, what good are a few missiles against a galactic empire that spans several slave-race synthetic micro-republics?

Reactions: List

Shimax

Bri'ish and proud
Premium Member
Nebulae
Nuclear weapons aren't some 'end all' to problems. You can't exactly just fire several warhead-equipped rockets at such a singularity event and 'hope' it collapses under the strain; and from what I understand they came through several portal-storms all over the planet. Can't exactly annihilate all ends and hope to survive; even if it would be possible to do so given the clusterfuck that happened from both a strategic and militaristic standpoint.

Besides, what good are a few missiles against a galactic empire that spans several slave-race synthetic micro-republics?
True point, not to mention the damage it'll cause if it failed to work.

Snake-Oil

Neutrino
Nebulae

I mean, they could have just tried to nuke the entirety of Earth, so they don't have to live under the Combine. A collective seppuku.

Charlie

Atom
Nebulae
I mean, they could have just tried to nuke the entirety of Earth, so they don't have to live under the Combine. A collective seppuku.
Why would they do that if they didn't even know who they were at the first place

Snake-Oil

Neutrino
Nebulae
Why would they do that if they didn't even know who they were at the first place
Who says they didn't know who the Combine were? Breen knew enough to communicate with them and negotiate. Certainly not the general populace, we're talking about the leadership.

Still though, they/we definitely would not do that anyways.